• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where To Now?

47 posts in this topic

Like I said before...stay out of the Marketplace.

It can get you into alot of trouble if you lack any sort of self-control.

And drinking in the Marketplace can be financially crippling. (tsk)

I most definitely learned that lesson the hard way. It wasn't so bad at the time as I could afford what I was buying.

I've been proud of myself not even trying to work deals on books lately that I wouldn't have thought twice about buying a few months ago.

I do have to categorically state though that my financial situation right now is down to life being a biatch rather than my impulsive comic buys!!

Gav, have you been reading any of your books lately? If not maybe you should try to find the time to, it might inspire you into reallising what will take your interest.

Apart from that, I'd agree with Doc. If you stay cold turkey from buying, you'll probably know what you want to focus on next when you see it.

Gav, have you been reading any of your books lately? If not maybe you should try to find the time to, it might inspire you into reallising what will take your interest.

Apart from that, I'd agree with Doc. If you stay cold turkey from buying, you'll probably know what you want to focus on next when you see it.

I have been reading when the time allows it, which isn't that often. Sometimes I have some of the previous months books still to read when the new batch comes through.

And cold turkey is definitely the way to go (thumbs u

I've bought too much and had to rapidly sell a couple of times. Drunk viewing of sales threads is lethal (as well as comiclink and heritage auctions).

Sell off the chaff. Sell off the can-bear-to-part-withs. Keep the gems. Slowly expand again. Repeat.

I've burned through some amazing books that I couldn't afford to keep. Been fun owning them briefly, and getting them out of my system!

Also, start a binding project. It's nice to have a break from grade consciousness and think about them purely as reading material for a change :)

Also, start a binding project. It's nice to have a break from grade consciousness and think about them purely as reading material for a change :)

I love those bound Hellblazers. One day I will definitely get a run of something bound like that.

Sell off the chaff. Sell off the can-bear-to-part-withs. Keep the gems.

I've already done (most of) that and had to sell a few gems... (BUY MY CHAFF IN THE FS SECTION, FOLKS!!!)

Oh, not you too? What is it with people destroying perfectly good books you can read in their current condition???

:D

-slym (is against pressing, but really only lightly - but is VERY against binding) ;)

Collect low to mid grade keys, you will have thier first appearances plus more money in your bank account. example instead of spending $12,000 for that New Mutants 98 cgc 9.9, you can can get that New Mutants 98 cgc 9.0 for like under 100 dollars. ;)

lol

Fortunately Rob Liefeld has never really done it for me :whee:

I love those bound Hellblazers. One day I will definitely get a run of something bound like that.

One day, not long now, I will have the rest of the run bound, and when I do I'm gonna sit and read the lot from start to finish.

One day, not long now, I will have the rest of the run bound, and when I do I'm gonna sit and read the lot from start to finish.

You'll have to give me the info again. That's something I must do!

You'll have to give me the info again. That's something I must do!

The short version is to visit Uncollected Editions , the comic binder's forum and get some ideas, then contact someone at Riley, Dunn & Wilson to discuss your requirements. Looking at the website is too daunting. I emailed Charles Dunn and he narrowed it down to a few simple choices for me (thumbs u

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:ohnoez:

Neil, I could imagine nothing better than taking all my beater Knightfall dupe books and getting them bound into a nice leather volume.

I love that story arc, and with each issue being easily found in every dollar box anywhere, what does it hurt? Buy them cheap and bind them into something gorgeous to look at and read, or leave them sitting in the box until they get binned because nobody wants them?

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:ohnoez:

-slym

:grin: Trust me, destroying the technical grade of a comic while making it that much more accessible is highly therapeutic after decades of worrying about whether the tips of your fingers are too sweaty and gingerly laying comics on dry, clean surfaces to read.

I'm putting together a low grade run of all GI Joe titles just to get bound volumes like you are talking about. There are some companies here stateside that do some real nice work for that.