• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4--Still Getting Hot or Losing Steam?

88 posts in this topic

send them to joey and let him sub them after a press.

That is a horrible, horrible idea.

Anyways, if you're going to press a book, why wouldn't you send it to a professional?

Yikes... harsh words for a fellow boardie... do you know something I don't know. Seems many people have used Joey and had good results. Yeah there are others out there... notably Matt.. but he's very pricey... there are alternatives to CI

Anyways, if you're going to press a book, why wouldn't you send it to a professional?

:censored:..that isnt cool... i have had nothing but great experience with my pressing/cgc submissions thru joey on a weekly basis....weekly! (thumbs u

Yikes... harsh words for a fellow boardie... do you know something I don't know. Seems many people have used Joey and had good results. Yeah there are others out there... notably Matt.. but he's very pricey... there are alternatives to CI

Joey is very much the professional. His work is second to none and he has produced top notch results where other "professionals" have failed.

If I were you or anyone else for that matter, I wouldn't lend any credence to tth2's opinion.

Tim,

I have read ad infinitum how you oppose pressing books and understand your viewpoint, but the above post is really low on class. :(

Thanks Tim, and I sincerely mean that. What's funny is everytime someone like you posts about pressing or comments about me and my lack of ability it just drums up more work and business. I have 2 new PM's asking about my pressing services this AM. I most likely will cut them the TTH discount since you referred them.

Could you please post again and share one more gem of wisdom about me, I need a few new customers.

Thanks Tim, and I sincerely mean that. What's funny is everytime someone like you posts about pressing or comments about me and my lack of ability it just drums up more work and business. I have 2 new PM's asking about my pressing services this AM. I most likely will cut them the TTH discount since you referred them.

Could you please post again and share one more gem of wisdom about me, I need a few new customers.

:signfunny:

Most expect no better from Tim at this point. He is a real ^^

Keep up the good work, tough guy. (thumbs u

If someone is entitled to advocate pressing a book, why am I not entitled to advocate not pressing it? ???

Tim,

I have read ad infinitum how you oppose pressing books and understand your viewpoint, but the above post is really low on class. :(

The pressing comment aside, I was asking a legitimate question, not intending it to be a slight on joey. I`d say the same thing if someone said they were going to ask me a question about patent law. Yes, I`m a lawyer but I`m not a patent lawyer, so I would refer that person to a professional (patent lawyer).

I wasn`t aware that joey was a professional. What training has he received and what are his qualifications? Years of experience? Why would someone go to him as opposed to Matt Nelson?

What's funny is everytime someone like you posts about ... my lack of ability

Don`t flatter yourself. I have never posted about your lack of ability before. In fact, I`ve never posted about you before, period.

Don`t flatter yourself. I have never posted about your lack of ability before. In fact, I`ve never posted about you before, period.

Flatter myself lol

Maybe you should work on the way you word your comments.

Sure you have posted about him before. I can't remember exactly, but I believe the words you used were dirtbag, greedy and scum, or a combination of the three.

Furthermore, what school did Matt Nelson attend to become a professional presser? Is it the same school that licenses the "professional" graders at CGC?

Tim,

The pressing comment aside, I was asking a legitimate question, not intending it to be a slight on joey. I`d say the same thing if someone said they were going to ask me a question about patent law. Yes, I`m a lawyer but I`m not a patent lawyer, so I would refer that person to a professional (patent lawyer).

I wasn`t aware that joey was a professional. What training has he received and what are his qualifications? Years of experience? Why would someone go to him as opposed to Matt Nelson?

tth2

TOTAL NEWBIE Registered: 12/04/03

Loc: Hong Kong

Originally Posted By: joeypost

price..speed of service...quality results,ect,ect,ect...joey's service is as professional as it comes.

isnt it midnight in japan?? are you drunk or just this rude always? :baiting:

tth2

price..speed of service...quality results,ect,ect,ect...joey's service is as professional as it comes.

:roflmao:

tth2

He`s right, it IS past midnight in Japan. lol

tth2

He`s right, it IS past midnight in Japan. lol

sorry.... meant CHINA....I knew you were over there somewhere on the other side...

just couldnt see your location on the crackberry...

Most expect no better from Tim at this point. He is a real ^^

Keep up the good work, tough guy. (thumbs u

If someone is entitled to advocate pressing a book, why am I not entitled to advocate not pressing it? ???

You are entitled. Like I said, keep up the good work. You're making excellent progress.

Tim,

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion about pressing, as passionately and vehemently as you believe it. I certainly don't have a problem with you expressing it however you see fit.

I do take issue with you making a personal attack on Joey. And that's what it is, despite your denials, it is a direct attack... you are taking a swipe at the quality of his work or his credentials generally. I do understand your later point that Joey does not have listed his years of study under a particular person with expertise (like Bill Sarrill), but I do believe Joey has spent a lot of time investigating and studying different techniques and proper methods to improve his skills. Since there is no degree or course you can take for this that I'm aware of, much of the development is done through study with people who have paper conservation knowledge.

I'm not sure why you've gotten so bitterly personal in your attacks on people recently especially in so public a fashion. You always struck me as someone with decorum and respect. This seems like your emotions have so overcome your ability to reason, you've resorted to petty name calling and personal swipes. This doesn't seem like the person I've known and respected all these years on the boards, and I can't imagine why you've taken this tact. I'm deeply disappointed.

I know you may not care that I'm deeply disappointed, but I am, and I hope that you at least reflect just a tiny bit on the necessity of getting down in the mud to sling it unfairly and unnecessarily.

tth2:

Since you do not have a "history" with Joey (per your own statement), I do not see why you made such a statement.

I have never pressed a book. But I have had others from here tell me that joeypost is good at what he does and the results have been satisfactory. So, If I decide to press books, I will probably go with him.

As an attorney, I would think that you would know the diffinition of a "professional". Joeypost does fit into that diffinition 100%.

1. following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain: a professional builder.

2. of, pertaining to, or connected with a profession: professional studies.

3. appropriate to a profession: professional objectivity.

4. engaged in one of the learned professions: A lawyer is a professional person.

5. following as a business an occupation ordinarily engaged in as a pastime: "professional golfer".

If he does this for money, as a part time gig or full time. He is a professional.

Did you mean that he is a "lousy" professional? If so, how would you know? What would you base such a statement or belief on? Has he done some work for you or another, that was unsatisfactory?

Just curious why and where you are coming from.

I am "guessing" that your statement was a generic statement due to perhaps his relatively short time in the business of professional restoration.

Your later statement that you were not deriding joeypost, but rather attacking pressing, does not hold water. You attacked him personally. It was wrong. Unless you can put in writing how you justify that statement in which you indicated he is not a professional and intimates that his work is subpar.

You should appologize to Joey and then move on with your anti-pressing discussion.

That is what I would do, if I had put my foot into my mouth, again.