• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE COMING TO TORONTO....

148 posts in this topic

For example, ALEXH, MITOL, and DAM60 all helped out at the show, so they didn't have to pay to get in.

Don't volunteer. Kevthemev is an absolute slave driver!! tongue.gif

I agree, my feet still hurt from all the walking. And whip marks on my back...well, don't get me started. flowerred.gif

I hope you are kidding...

DARWYN COOKE ======writer/artist DC: The New Frontier, Selina's Big Score Graphic Novel, Batman: Ego Graphic Novel, artist Catwoman 1-4 and Witchblade Animated Special, designed the opening sequence for the Batman Beyond show

ROY THOMAS ====== writer Avengers and a zillion other Marvel titles, first Conan comic writer for Marvel, succeeding Stan Lee as editor in chief of Marvel, wrote Invaders, All-Star Squadron, Infinity Inc., adapted Elric and other Moorcock characters for Pacific/First Comics. Editor and driving force behind Alter Ego and one of the industry's best historians.

JIMMY PALMIOTTI ====== inker supreme, helped create Event Comics and the Marvel Knights line with Joe Quesada, has worked on dozens of comic titles, like the Punisher. Has also written many comics and created dozens of characters. Currently has a new series called the Monolith coming from DC and is inking Paul Gulacy on Catwoman.

AMANDA CONNER ===== artist on the Pro and Two-Step (written by Warren Ellis) has worked on many titles like Birds of Prey.

TY TEMPLETON ====== Artist Justice League International, Batman Adventures and related titles (as an artist and writer), writer for the Simpsons comics and recently created and wrote the Human Defense Corps title for DC

DAVE ROSS ======Dave has pencilled many Marvel and DC titles like Avengers West Coast, Web of Spider-Man, Last Days of the JSA, Birds of Prey, and recently worked on Daredevil and the Inhumans for Marvel

PAUL RIVOCHE ====== designer supreme Paul Rivoche has done designs and backgrounds for numerous Warner DC titles like Superman and Justice League. Originally a comic artist, Paul has recently returned to comics and has worked on Legion of Super-heroes and did all five covers to the recent Dr. Fate mini-series

CAMERON STEWART ====== Cameron was the artist on DC's Catwoman series for two years, and recently did some work on Dark Horse's Buffy comic. He's slated to draw a big project for Grant Morrison at DC.

RAMON PEREZ ====== Ramon draws the online strip Butternut Squash, he's also done design work for many gaming companies, and recently did some work for DC/Wildstorm's Thundercates: Origins series (with Udon) and has pencilled the Hulk: Gamma Games series, #2 of which came out just recently

Hope that helps.

Got to clean the dirt off my whip. They don't call me Indiana because I was named after the dog.

Kev

I have it on my calendar already - the show was AWESOME last time and I am looking forward to the repeat performance. It's always great to be able to meet forumites and the canucks made me feel like family flowerred.gif

Plus I think in june the weather will be nice cloud9.gif (although november wasn't really all that bad - I just wish I had worn something a bit warmer . . . )

DAM

Got to clean the dirt off my whip. They don't call me Indiana because I was named after the dog.

Kev

No, actually they call him Indiana because if you work one of his shows you will feel like you just spent a weekend walking all the way to Indiana. grin.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Just kidding Kev...please don't hurt me flowerred.gif

Hey, I'm flying down to LA in March, it couldn't be any worse than a flight to TO. tongue.gif

Although it is a direct flight (about 5 hours) from Toronto to LA.

June weather is actually quite pleasant, and usually isn't that hot. The exhibit hall is down by the lake, so it will be a bit cooler. Honestly, the best months to visit Toronto are May, June, September and early October and TO is big tourist town, lots to see and do. And as DAM60 will attest, our affiliate hotel is awesome. Lap of luxery for about $100/night. Split it with another forum member and it's really reasonable.

I don't know my fahrenheit, but mid-June temperatures are usually in the 20-30 degree celsius range. But we usually hop from one air conditioned building to the next so we never notice the heat.

Kev

And as DAM60 will attest, our affiliate hotel is awesome. Lap of luxery for about $100/night. Split it with another forum member and it's really reasonable.

Oh yeah - the hotel was mind blowingly AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, really cool . . . and there was a free shuttle every half hour to and from the hotel . . .

DAM

My father actually grew up in Port Perry which is on Lake Scugog so I'm somewhat familiar with that area.

Toronto is about a 45-60 minute drive south and west of Lake Scugog. You should verify with a map, but I would take the nearest major highway that goes south to Highway 401 and take the 401 west to the Don Valley Parkway South all the way downtown to Lakeshore Blvd. From there you should check the directions on our website to the convention hall. We'll have a mapquest link to the location fixed up shortly.

Whoever organizes the forum dinner will give out the directions to the restaurant/bar.

Kev

PS Richnerd, did I read somewhere that you live in Fort Wayne, Indiana?

If so, I have a good friend that lives there now. He actually conducts the Fort Wayne symphony, he claims to be fairly well known there. His name is Bradley Thachuk. Have you heard of him?

Kev

I forgot to mention Nick Postic and Nick Marinkovich - they are the artists who did the Underworld Movie Adaptation and the soon to be released spin-off series Underworld: Red in Tooth and Claw for IDW.

Kev