• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex Schomburg help needed

82 posts in this topic

Nothing to get worked up about gang, he probably thinks Spawn #1 is old and highly valuable.

If I did, wouldn't that be an example of the "what I collect rocks, what you collect sucks" fanboy chestnut you guys love? Don't remember when having an opinion turned into "WICRWYCS", but you're all guilty of it too, to some extent. No one likes a hypocrite.

And show me where I said Schomburg sucks. (shrug) Sorry I'm not some hippie that wants to hold hands and sing the praises of every creator ever to work in comics. Some guys suck, and some are overrated. Tough. Do you want me to list the artists I like so you can find one that you think is overrated? No problem.

Thanks for the fun diversion. I love seeing you guys get your panties in a bunch. Have I ever told you how I feel about Will Eisner? Well, he couldn't...

No, you can't be quoted saying "suck" . But it's just screwy that any of us would consider him a legend...

You don't have to say the word to express the sentiment. The OP never said that Schomburg was a legend, but you inferred that from his post.

How else is your comment to be taken in a thread that is asking for a check of a listing of his works and a place to post your favorites? This wasn't a poll or a thread that asked for opinions of his art and contributions to the medium.

doh!

nice input on this guys, it really helps. I'm not a big Subby fan or a big brush cover person but I do plan on getting as many on these as I can, no matter the grade as long as they present well. Thats a little info behind the idea of posting the list. I just have to narrow it down a little and keep in mind that some of these issues I will just not be able to get or purchase.

Thanks for the fun diversion. I love seeing you guys get your panties in a bunch. Have I ever told you how I feel about Will Eisner? Well, he couldn't...

Well, thanks for giving me the heads up. I'll just remember to ignore you from now on you turd blender.

Tool.

lol! I've read your posts for the last 5 years, you've got no room to talk. This is like a compliment coming from you. I bet more people have you on ignore than me, and deservedly so. Keep up the hypocrisy!

Well, thanks for giving me the heads up. I'll just remember to ignore you from now on you turd blender.

Tool.

lol! I've read your posts for the last 5 years, you've got no room to talk. This is like a compliment coming from you. I bet more people have you on ignore than me, and deservedly so. Keep up the hypocrisy!

Well, you can add me to the list of people who now have you on ignore. Roy contributes a lot to the boards IMO. I think he's contributed far more in his 5 years that you've been reading his posts than you have in the 5 months since you blessed us all by registering. And by all means continue to stay away from the GA threads. They're far better off without you. (thumbs u

I bet more people have you on ignore than me

Now that is an awesomely brilliant quote! Brilliant!

Tool.

Perhaps Schomburg is more primative than modern artists but compared to most comic artists of his era he was brilliant. Talent aside, I can't think of any artist of any era that did more controversal, graphic, "my god" covers than Schomburg. He really did push the boundaries of comic art and publishers loved him because his graphic art sold comics.

Regardless, I just don't get it. Why go into a thread about an artist that doesn't interest you and run him down??? If you must say something why not act classy and say he isn't your cup of tea but to each his own???

Why run down Roy??? I don't agree with everything he says but he is probably one of the nicest posters on the boards and he is usually the guy looking for the good in every turd.

Tool.

Well, you can add me to the list of people who now have you on ignore. Roy contributes a lot to the boards IMO. I think he's contributed far more in his 5 years that you've been reading his posts than you have in the 5 months since you blessed us all by registering. And by all means continue to stay away from the GA threads. They're far better off without you. (thumbs u

You're obviously young or just immature.

You started the thread and then admitted you did it not to learn, because you were too lazy to do that, but instead did it to simply get a rise out of people.

Classy.

You'll fit in real well on here.

Why run down Roy??? I don't agree with everything he says but he is probably one of the nicest posters on the boards and he is usually the guy looking for the good in every turd.

:eek:

Thanks for the kindness. I think.

lol

Tool.

You started the thread and then admitted you did it not to learn, because you were too lazy to do that, but instead did it to simply get a rise out of people.

Classy.

:gossip: Do you realize that no one you quoted here started the thread?

Perhaps Schomburg is more primative than modern artists but compared to most comic artists of his era he was brilliant. Talent aside, I can't think of any artist of any era that did more controversal, graphic, "my god" covers than Schomburg. He really did push the boundaries of comic art and publishers loved him because his graphic art sold comics.

I'm not sure that it's entirely fair to call him primative compared to modern artists. His covers are still more eye catching than probably 98% of the stuff on the stands now and they were done without prismatic foil, lenticular plastic, or chromium. While the final product may sometimes be somewhat two dimensional, the layout and composition are unmatched.

Tool.

Classy.

:gossip: Do you realize that no one you quoted here started the thread?

You beat me to it.....

lol

Oops sorry. I should have typed in "posted in the thread" instead.

:blush:

Just rushing to get all caught up.

200 posts a day ain't easy.

He's still immature.

:whee:

Oops sorry. I should have typed in "posted in the thread" instead.

:blush:

Just rushing to get all caught up.

200 posts a day ain't easy.

He's still immature.

:whee:

:foryou: not a problem Roy there are alot of people who's option I value here yours being one.

The real life depth of his art is what makes me like him the most and GA in whole.