• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK countdown - t minus 30 mins, post your wins, heartbreaks here

491 posts in this topic

It's a beautiful book. There's no question about that. I'm glad he got the grade bump he thought it deserved.

Grade bump AND PQ bump.....

*Please note: There is a CGC census error. The CGC census was updated on the 6th when the 9.8 was reviewed for a page quality upgrade the same day (it was upgraded from off-white to off-white to white). Since the old label is not removed from the census immediately, the census did not reflect the fact that there is only 1 and not 2 in 9.8 and the census is erroneously stating that there are 2. This book is recorded twice because the resubmitted book labels were not removed from the census before it was updated. Upon learning this, I (Josh speaking) spoke with the senior grader and president of CGC, Mark Haspel, to confirm this. The census will update to 1 9.8 soon. This will probably happen Monday, though it may happen Sunday. There is a slight chance that it will happen after the auction ends but I don't think so. In any case, ComicLink guarantees (and I do personally) that at this time there is 1 and only 1 near impossible CGC 9.8 example of this issue!*

High-grade early spidey's are going nuts, but the low to mid-grade stuff is cheap, realy cheap. That ASM 2 6.0 was way under GPA. I got this one, again well under GPA.

RADE188720091028_16818.jpg

Nice book, congrats. A typical C-Link auction has it fair share of great deals...they just don't get the pub that the record prices do.

High-grade early spidey's are going nuts, but the low to mid-grade stuff is cheap, realy cheap. That ASM 2 6.0 was way under GPA. I got this one, again well under GPA.

RADE188720091028_16818.jpg

:applause: Great book! -- congrats, I always liked that cover

Spidey # 24 in 9.6 for $22,755?!? :o

That's the second ASM #24 in 9.6 that has sold for over $20,000. ComicConnect had the Northland copy that sold for $20,195 in their March auction.

I always found that book to be one of the most common in high grade...apparently though, the jump from 9.4 to 9.6 makes it worth 10 times, or $20,000 more. :insane:

It doesn't even have white pages.... :eyeroll:

RAD7D6F92009116_95323.jpg

$97K! :takeit:

Verzyl begged me to buy this book at Chicago for 45k. Of course, it was a 9.6 then.

What was the story on this book?? Verzyl did this as a straight re-sub at the NY Wizard show right? What was he asking when it came back a 9.8? Then he had it re-checked for PQ? I thought I heard he was asking 75K as a 9.8...is that true?

Spidey # 24 in 9.6 for $22,755?!? :o

That's the second ASM #24 in 9.6 that has sold for over $20,000. ComicConnect had the Northland copy that sold for $20,195 in their March auction.

I always found that book to be one of the most common in high grade...apparently though, the jump from 9.4 to 9.6 makes it worth 10 times, or $20,000 more. :insane:

has the notorious miswrap as well

after 28 bids, here is what I've won.....

:insane:

sweet. only took me 6 bids to win the same amount

I had to work harder and waste more time to win my NOTHING. I guess that makes my nothing better then yours. :slapfight: