• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK countdown - t minus 30 mins, post your wins, heartbreaks here

491 posts in this topic

Yeeks, was willing to pay market for that AF 7.5, but that final result is quite a bit over market. The copy looked stronger than 7.5, but it isn't, I called for notes and there's staining on the edge that's hard to see in the scan, can't press THAT out...but that's the kind of defect I love, lowers the technical grade but you can't see it unless someone points it out to you. :cloud9:

uhh, how did it go for more than market? I thought an auction was exactly that.

wow, the All American Comic #16 was a steal for somebody..congrat whoever that is

It did go for a steal. It sold on Clink previously for $60k!!! I feel sorry for the seller. Wish I had the funds for that book.. :pullhair:

And the #23 double cover went for just over $1,500, a great deal for a very tough book. I sold a low grade double cover for around $900 2 years ago.

uhh, how did it go for more than market? I thought an auction was exactly that.

So a final result of $5 mil would've sounded about right then? The free market would have spoken! :whistle:

I say above market because it was the most anyone's ever paid for a 7.5 copy, and a straight White-paged copy just sold a few months ago for 10% less, whereas this one had off-white pages. There was a sizable bidding spread too--it almost went for $17K less if you look at the third-high bidder.

wow, the All American Comic #16 was a steal for somebody..congrat whoever that is

It did go for a steal. It sold on Clink previously for $60k!!! I feel sorry for the seller. Wish I had the funds for that book.. :pullhair:

underbidder :tonofbricks:

Cheap arse. Serves you right for bidding on a DC.

:sorry: Don't you have an AA 16 already?