• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NICE, RARE GA books for sale **discounts**

63 posts in this topic

I am offering below a handful of favorite books from my collection. If you didn't have any luck on Clink or Heritage, perhaps you'll find something here...

First PM or :takeit: gets the book(s). I will be firm on some prices, but feel free to PM me an offer!

I will be shipping books via Fed Ex ground, which I find is much better than our Canadian postal service... flat rate shipping of $12 per shipment. Books will come with a tracking #, and will be very well and safely packed. Ground generally takes about a week within continental NA. If international, shipping will be actual cost.

Payment accepted: check, M.O. or paypal

Full refund if not satisfied. I have been careful to list any restoration or issues.

Thanks for looking!

comicsalerevisednov19.jpg

re-listing the first two books at discounted prices...

DETECTIVE EYE #2 Dec 1940, raw 3.5 with O/W pages (maybe leaning towards cream at top edge)

Great copy of a tough book, wonderful Frank Thomas cover art. Cover and C/F securely attached. 2” spine splits at both top and bottom of spine. Very clean front cover, back cover has some slight dust shadows at top. Pages are really nice, with two great “Eye Sees!” stories.

asking: SOLD

DETEYE2cvr.jpg

c-10.jpg

FANTASTIC COMICS #7, June 1940, raw (AMATEUR RESTORATION) 3.5 with cream to O/W pages

Nice copy with a CLASSIC Fletcher Hanks STARDUST story! Thi copy has been re-listed and discounted due to some discovered rice paper on the inside at staples.

Appears to be some glue on spine (this was not disclosed to me) which is neatly applied and hard to detect. Book also has two 1 inch strips of rice paper on the inside of the cover at the spine reinforcing the staple/spine area. Otherwise very solid, clean book for the grade. Cover firmly attached at both staples, but c/f loose (result of amateur resto?). Supple nice pages.

PM me if you need a back cover scan.

Great FOX book I hate to part with.

c-8.jpg

FANCOMICS7int.jpg

ASTONISHING #6, Oct. 1951, raw 3.5 with cream to O/W pages

Great copy with fantastic Everett art inside.

Book presents very well, only resto is one small 1/2” piece of archival tape on the inside cover where the “A” in ASTONISHING is, to seal a tear. Otherwise, cover and C/F are secure. Non color breaking crease runs horizontally through middle of front cover (very light crease), some very small color breaking creases visible on cover. Inside covers are lightly tanned towards middle (outer edges still light). Some heavier wear on back cover near spine. Back cover also shows light tanning towards the middle, with outer edges still light.

Very solid copy overall.

asking: $85 $75

ASTON6cover.jpg

ASTON6interior.jpg

c-4.jpg

DARING MYSTERY COMICS #6 Sept. 1940 *Cosmic Aeroplane copy*, raw 5.0 with cream to O/W pages

A really nice mid-grade copy from a great pedigree. Features two early Kirby stories and a whack of oddball Timely characters.

No major issues to speak of. Clean covers, light inside covers. Cover has the trademark Cosmic Aeroplane checkmark. Cover and c/f are securely attached. Slight color pull on back cover about three inches down, near spine (on yellow area). Looks to be a printing/binding flaw at bottom corner at spine, its slightly rounded. Nice light supple pages.

Really hate to let this one go, its just a wonderful book.

asking: $1700 $1550

c-1.jpg

DAR6int.jpg

c.jpg

AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES #20 May 1940, CGC universal 8.0 with o/w to white pages

Nice high grade Centaur rarity ... super clean, nice round spine, covers and C/F securely attached.

PM me if you need a b/c scan.

Book is deslabbed, CGC label will be included.

asking: $700 $650

AMF20cover.jpg

AMF20cgc.jpg

AMF20int.jpg

SCIENCE COMICS #3 April 1940, CGC 4.5 universal with O/W to white pages

A GREAT early FOX book, with one of the best sci-fi covers EVER on a comic!

Super nice copy, with cover secure at both staples, and C/F attached to bottom staple only. Really nice supple pages, great eye appeal, extra “fat” feeling GA book. You won’t be disappointed.

SCI3cover.jpg

SCI3cgc.jpg

SCI3int.jpg

c-5.jpg

SILVER STREAK COMICS #1 Dec 1939, raw app. 4.0 (slight resto) with cream to O/W pages.

Nice copy of a rare book, with the major problem being lightly trimmed inside pages along the right side (you can tell they are trimmed, as they sit flush , and the front cover overhangs about 1/8”. The second problem is a taped spine, which is neatly done from the outside, but on the inside of spine is done with lots of little pieces.

Otherwise, cover and c/f are secuely attached. Cover does not appear trimmed. Clean covers, and no tanning to inside covers. Pages are very supple.

Cool early Funnies Inc. book, and an ad for Marvel Mystery #2 on inside back cover!

asking: $1475

ss1cover.jpg

SS1spinedetail.jpg

SS1trimdetail.jpg

SS1splash.jpg

SS1tapedetail.jpg

c-6.jpg

SILVER STREAK COMICS #8 March 1941, CGC app. 4.0 slight (A), with O/W pages

Another Cole jem book... CGC notes “resto includes: spine splits sealed to cover”. There are still 3/4” spine splits at top and bottom of covers. Covers and c/f are secuely attached. Pages are beautiful O/W and supple.

Real tough to find issue.

asking $550 $475

SS8cover.jpg

SS8cgc.jpg

SS8interior.jpg

c-3.jpg

Great selection of books Ryan! Yea we miss ya out here in the U.S. Wished we hung out more
yup, like DK said...we had one good comic geekfest with our books two summers ago :cool:

Yep i could still remember it like yesterday. That was way cool! Still seeing MC #9 in my head that day

Great selection of books Ryan! Yea we miss ya out here in the U.S. Wished we hung out more
yup, like DK said...we had one good comic geekfest with our books two summers ago :cool:

Yep i could still remember it like yesterday. That was way cool! Still seeing MC #9 in my head that day

and we didn't snap any pics that day!! 2 MM9's, Tec 29,31,33,35,36,37--and of course all of Ryan's cool pre-1940 pulps and Centaurs :cloud9: and that guacamole dip his GF (forget her name, sorry Ryan!) made was good too!

OK--now back to the program and Ryan's great books :grin:

re-listing the first two books at discounted prices...

DETECTIVE EYE #2 Dec 1940, raw 3.5 with O/W pages (maybe leaning towards cream at top edge)

Great copy of a tough book, wonderful Frank Thomas cover art. Cover and C/F securely attached. 2” spine splits at both top and bottom of spine. Very clean front cover, back cover has some slight dust shadows at top. Pages are really nice, with two great “Eye Sees!” stories.

asking: $175

DETEYE2cvr.jpg

c-10.jpg

hm