• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TO ALL OF THOSE WHO OUTBID ME ON COMIC LINK...THANK YOU

12 posts in this topic

...and I am not even being sarcastic here. Seriously. Thank you. Because you can't watch items on Comic Link, I generally bid on everything early on that I may have even the slightest interest in. I put in fairly low bids with the thought that I will bid again as the auctions were ending on the items I was really interested in. Now, halfway through the auction I made a fairly large purchase (by my standards anyway) on a piece I really wanted. Problem was, I was actually winning quite a few auctions on CLINK, to the sum of over $3K and didn't really want to get stuck with that bill...but today, you all came through in the end and successfully outbid me (sometimes in the last second) on all of the pieces I would have been responsible for. For this, I thank you...

And here, just for kicks, is the piece I purchased during the auction...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=578561&GSub=21609

To everyone who has outbid me on clink.... :censored:

Seriously, I really wanted that Star Wars splash and I thought I had enough time to stop phone bidding and get home but I guess clink doesn't do that time extension thingy anymore... :cry:

Seriously, I really wanted that Star Wars splash and I thought I had enough time to stop phone bidding and get home but I guess clink doesn't do that time extension thingy anymore... :cry:

The one with the Emperor?

I agree. Not the best drawing but it is sentimental. Not sure if I was home that I would have bid much more. A comparable Luke page went for 1/4th of that.

At least I got one piece! Another one I really wanted but not the most impressive... I remember reading Impulse years ago and really liking it. It is one of the last superhero comics I ever read.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=818018

How much did that finally go for?

I was high bidder for a long time. Then I increased my bid to $620 and thought i was going to get it , but with a couple minutes to go it went to $720 and i turned off my computer in disgust.

I really liked that page just went beyond what I could afford to pay for it. :cry:

Chris

How much did that finally go for?

I was high bidder for a long time. Then I increased my bid to $620 and thought i was going to get it , but with a couple minutes to go it went to $720 and i turned off my computer in disgust.

I really liked that page just went beyond what I could afford to pay for it. :cry:

Chris

$870.