• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auction Results

15 posts in this topic

This one was one I watched closely. Why you say? Because it use to be my page! I sold it on CLINK a while back for $225. Parted with it because I picked up the page in a deal and didn't feel a ton of love for it. Sold this auction for $110 :o

batman_splash_sold.jpg

This was a surprise (and an impressive final bid). Ended at Final Bid: $5,000 (Reserve Met).

TOS41.jpg

It's got Stark turning into Iron Man, and it's a very early piece. On top of that, it's a Mark 1 costume page. And there probably weren't more than a hundred or so pages drawn of the original costume before it changed.

$7101 for the GI Joe #1 splash is a strong price, as is $9999 for the GI Joe #24 cover. Both are great pages though. Congrats to the winners.

The GI Joe #1 splash was a good buy. That's a super-iconic piece that will only appreciate in value. If I had more free cash right now, I would have pushed it higher.

$7101 for the GI Joe #1 splash is a strong price, as is $9999 for the GI Joe #24 cover. Both are great pages though. Congrats to the winners.

The GI Joe #1 splash was a good buy. That's a super-iconic piece that will only appreciate in value. If I had more free cash right now, I would have pushed it higher.

It is the first page to the first issue of a very popular series, but do you recognize any of the characters on the splash? I really like the splash as well, but for a few thousand more, I prefer the Mike Zeck cover.

It is the first page to the first issue of a very popular series, but do you recognize any of the characters on the splash? I really like the splash as well, but for a few thousand more, I prefer the Mike Zeck cover.

$10k for that Zeck G.I. Joe cover? I grew up during the 80's and I loved G.I. Joe as much as any kid during that era, but $10k seems a little too high even if it's by a popular artist. And I swear I saw that cover for half that price on ebay earlier.

Is it possible that the crappy movie influenced the value of G.I. Joe art?

Yes, I recongnize almost all of them...

The Zeck cover is cool, but that Joe 1 spash is something that gives me that good old nostalgic feeling. I'm pretty sure that the image was used repeatedly elswhere (but I can't place where at the moment).

This was a surprise (and an impressive final bid). Ended at Final Bid: $5,000 (Reserve Met).

TOS41.jpg

It's got Stark turning into Iron Man, and it's a very early piece. On top of that, it's a Mark 1 costume page. And there probably weren't more than a hundred or so pages drawn of the original costume before it changed.

plus, it's got an archaic spelling of douse, which is a hallmark of the SA

That was my problem with the page 1 splash as well and was surprised it sold for that much. The character's on the page aren't the big players. I'm note surprised by the Zeck. His covers are probably the most coveted and the one's I have seen for sale had 3rd rate characters, while this one had Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow and Gung Ho. I would pay into 5 figures for one of the Zeck covers in the 20-40 range that features Destro.