• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miscut

14 posts in this topic

I am looking at purchasing a certain Golden Age book that is otherwise

F+ except it is miscut top and bottom at same angle. A few (5-6) pages

were seemingly pushed open by the first owner so they could read the story,

otherwise they would have stuck together so they are a little jagged.

My question,

How bad would Cgc hit the grade for a miscut book like this? It is not

a big title or key book if this will play a part in your answer.

Thanks to all for any help.

-Kelly

I am looking at purchasing a certain Golden Age book that is otherwise

F+ except it is miscut top and bottom at same angle. A few (5-6) pages

were seemingly pushed open by the first owner so they could read the story,

otherwise they would have stuck together so they are a little jagged.

My question,

How bad would Cgc hit the grade for a miscut book like this? It is not

a big title or key book if this will play a part in your answer.

Thanks to all for any help.

-Kelly

pm sent.. check it out..should answer question

Siamese pages. This was graded a 5.0 because of that very issue. Supposedly Borock was the guy who was really hard on interior defects, but who knows if that's true.

Siamese pages are purely a production issue... and not even "damage" at that. How could CGC deduct for that?!?

This is completely inconsistent with their handling of other production related flaws.

(shrug)

Or are you saying the siamese pages were torn apart and the book was dinged for that?

Even though the siamese pages were pulled apart, there is no way that book is a VG/FN. That's just nuts.

Agreed - I'd be all over it at 5.0 :grin:

If you were it would no longer be A 5.0 :baiting: IT WOULD NOW BE DESECRATED.

Even though the Siamese pages were pulled apart, there is no way that book is a VG/FN. That's just nuts.

Perhaps some paper was lost in the tearing? (shrug) I could see it if some of the original art was lost. Hard to really say without seeing the book.

Either way it is nucking futs that you can't trim off what was originally supposed to be trimmed off without a penalty. Excess Siamese paper should be allowed to be removed correctly instead of actually encouraging people to literally "tear" it off which might even cause added damage.

doh!

Even though the Siamese pages were pulled apart, there is no way that book is a VG/FN. That's just nuts.

Perhaps some paper was lost in the tearing? (shrug) I could see it if some of the original art was lost. Hard to really say without seeing the book.

Either way it is nucking futs that you can't trim off what was originally supposed to be trimmed off without a penalty. Excess Siamese paper should be allowed to be removed correctly instead of actually encouraging people to literally "tear" it off which might even cause added damage.

doh!

I presume it was very sharply creased and then neatly torn. :wishluck: Does seem exceedingly harsh.

doh!

There were a few small pieces torn off in the margin. Obviously it was a case where I thought CGC was smoking crack to my benefit (much rarer than the other way around). Got it from Jeff (nearmint) and I'll take books like that all day long.

Here is a scan of the book (as promised). You can see the printer's cut line at the top right. The bottom is at an angle, but harder to tell. About 6-7 pages have dime sized chunks out where the siamese pages were torn apart. Any thoughts?

jung002.jpg