• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Heritage Art wins!

95 posts in this topic

You will never guess what I won. :banana:

Jungle Action 7 cover for quite a bit under my max bid. I will post the image tonight when I get home but needless to say, I am happy beyond belief. Actually 2009 will go down as my best year for original art. I have added quite a few covers and splash pages to my collection. When I get the last item in hand I will post the entire year rollup.

Let's see what others won

I didn't win it, but I saw that Enric's Vampirella #110 cover sold for $4,481.25. Two or three years ago it probably would have sold for $8-$10K, and there's a good chance I would have been the buyer). Most Warren Vampi art seems to be selling for 2003 prices these days. :eek:

I didn't win it, but I saw that Enric's Vampirella #110 cover sold for $4,481.25. Two or three years ago it probably would have sold for $8-$10K, and there's a good chance I would have been the buyer). Most Warren Vampi art seems to be selling for 2003 prices these days. :eek:

Sold for $6210 in Heritage in 2004...yikes...just a total cr*p shoot...

Is this good or bad?

Dave Cockrum and Terry Austin X-Men #125 Cover Original Art (Marvel, 1979)....

Sold for: $22,107.50

Actually about right to pretty strong for what that cover is.

I think this is astounding:

Steve Ditko Comic Crusader #4 Mr. A "Debaters" Splash Page Original Art (1968)....

Sold for: $38,837.50

This is one of the most shocking OA auction prices I've seen yet. Minor character, and in my opinion nowhere near Ditko's best work. Maybe someone was in love with the idea of the art mirroring Ditko's personal philosophy. Over/under at 5K and I would have taken the under.

You will never guess what I won. :banana:

Jungle Action 7 cover for quite a bit under my max bid. I will post the image tonight when I get home but needless to say, I am happy beyond belief. Actually 2009 will go down as my best year for original art. I have added quite a few covers and splash pages to my collection. When I get the last item in hand I will post the entire year rollup.

Let's see what others won

Rule of thumb regarding Heritage, you ain't won anything until you get an invoice for it. :)

Is this good or bad?

Not only what ( stat plus montage) but when... the first run Cockrum covers have always been more coveted... I can only think of one example that breaks that rule.

Is this good or bad?

Not only what ( stat plus montage) but when... the first run Cockrum covers have always been more coveted... I can only think of one example that breaks that rule.

(thumbs u

I again thought watching on line was fascinating. I didn't go for any of the Martin Greim jams, but they went at interesting prices. I would not have guessed the piece with Kirby going for $22,705, and being 4x the piece with Caniff, Williamson, Gould, Anderson, Kane, etc.

How did the Joe Kubert pieces do overall? I was outbid on both of the Kubert pages that I was following, but the final prices look reasonable.

Joe Kubert Tarzan #243 Cover Original Art (DC, 1975).... Sold for: $4,780.00 (includes BP )

Joe Kubert Tarzan #235 Pages 2 and 3 Original Art (DC, 1975).... Sold for: $4,929.38 (includes BP )