• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller used the wrong address

33 posts in this topic

c) Comiclink sent me a package. Through no fault of their own the package got rerouted to Australia and showed up a few weeks late. How do I l know what happened? There was a big arse sticker on the box that said "sent to Australia by mistake". lol

Whats City?

I bought a book from a forumite here!

After 4 weeks nothing. Was a low value book so I wrote it off never expecting to see it .

Next thing you know a package arives. It was my book. Sent by mistake to

the British Virgin islands. I think they look at city name only some times

89706.jpg

c) Comiclink sent me a package. Through no fault of their own the package got rerouted to Australia and showed up a few weeks late. How do I l know what happened? There was a big arse sticker on the box that said "sent to Australia by mistake". lol

Whats City?

After 4 weeks nothing. Was a low value book so I wrote it off never expecting to see it .

89706.jpg

I can't remember.

:(

The package was sent via the Canadian Post Office. I am visiting family here. I bought the piece here during a small local con. I then listed it on Ebay and sold the OA. I want to help the buyer all I can. For all we both know. The new tenant got the OA and isn't going to admit receiving it. Hopefully the OA get's returned to me. I will then make sure it get's to the buyer at his new address. I will pay to have it shipped the second time. I just want to make sure the buyer gets the OA, if that is at all possible. But if it does not surface and shows as delivered. What can I do?

I'm certain your going to be out of luck with regards to this package by Paypal. When using Canada Post, the only manner to send the book to the US is via Express Post or Expedited Post. these are the only 2 services that provide the sender with tracking information-however once it crosses customs US Parcel Service takes over and delivers the package. This service does not provide signature confirmation, so while the tracking info may show as delivered it will be impossible to prove as there is no way to validate who signed for it. If you did use the above service, basic insurance on the package is $100 unless you opted for more. Good luck I hope it gets there.

You are required to send the package to the verified address. It appears you did that. If the customer moved, was arrested, or went into a short rehab, you are not at fault. If the USPS shows it was delivered, you are not to blame. He moved, you are not responsible to forward to his mail or to insure it arrives at the new hole he lives in.

Paypal will scold this guy for moving and not verifying his new address. You shipped it to the paypal verified address on file. Not your problem at all.

If this Canada Post, Ignore everything I just wrote. I have no clue what those iceeeee Canadians do with misguided packages.

If this Canada Post, Ignore everything I just wrote. I have no clue what those iceeeee Canadians do with misguided packages.

We have our dogsleds ready to redeliver.

:headbang:

Buyer should have updated his info before paying with his updated address. In this case it was the buyers fault if it doesnt get to him.
(thumbs u It's his fault and therefore totally down to your generosity as to how you proceed from here on.

Buyer should have updated his info before paying with his updated address. In this case it was the buyers fault if it doesnt get to him.
(thumbs u It's his fault and therefore totally down to your generosity as to how you proceed from here on.

Oh the irony of it.

Good luck TFL. I met you in Ottawa earlier this year.

These situations are always unsettling. I sent a small package to Jacksonville, FLA from Toronto, ON via Canada Post (ground, w/o tracking - value was under $100 which, I believe, is automatically insured). The buyer claimed she never received the package. I filed a claim for the lost parcel with Canada Post. They sent forms to the buyer who was to confirm by signature that she didn't receive it. She doesn't bother filling them out and I got my money back, though it was for the amount I paid for the item; not what she paid. I also had to provide a copy of the receipt to get my $$$ back. I understand that it's rare to get a receipt when buying stuff at cons.

I also won about 5-6 books from an eBay auction last year. The seller was based in Texas. I waited about 30-35 days before I enquired about the whereabouts of my items. The seller looks up the transaction number on the USPS website which indicated that the parcel crossed the US/Canadian border, and that was it. However, I found out that you can also go to the Canada Post website, enter the USPS tracking number, and Canada Post will continue to track the package until it's delivered. Oddly, the item was marked as delivered with signature. Someone accepted the parcel in Surrey, British Columbia, which is 2,700 miles away from me! It turns out that the seller accidently mailed my items to the address of someone else who also won auctions in the same batch of listings... except the nimrod in Surrey never bothered to let anyone know of the error. I now have the books but what a hassle.

Well, those are my two tales of lost parcels.

Both times, calling Canada Post customer service was surprisingly effective. Maybe do that and see what your options are.

- - -

The package was sent via the Canadian Post Office. I am visiting family here. I bought the piece here during a small local con. I then listed it on Ebay and sold the OA. I want to help the buyer all I can. For all we both know. The new tenant got the OA and isn't going to admit receiving it. Hopefully the OA get's returned to me. I will then make sure it get's to the buyer at his new address. I will pay to have it shipped the second time. I just want to make sure the buyer gets the OA, if that is at all possible. But if it does not surface and shows as delivered. What can I do?

Whats City?

89706.jpg

I have a custom avatar due to that :tonofbricks: