• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you asking for anything Comic Book Related for Xmas?

39 posts in this topic

Surprisingly, no comics or related items this year. My wife and I just took on two foster kids from a pretty bad home and this will be their first real Christmas, so we're focusing on them.

My wife was going to buy me a TOS 39 a few years ago to surprise me, but I told her to wiat until I found a copy I wanted.

My wife :luhv:

I've been surrounded by foster parents in my life. Just absolutely beautiful what you are doing.

Surprisingly, no comics or related items this year. My wife and I just took on two foster kids from a pretty bad home and this will be their first real Christmas, so we're focusing on them.

That's really awesome of you both. :) I hope they have an awesome Christmas!

Thanks! We don't have kids of our own and have had them (a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy, brother and sister) for just two weeks now. It was a shock at first, as I'm used to sending my niece and nephew home when I've had enough. lol But thing s are going well and getting into a good routine.

I'm humbled, sir. Truly good people.

Nope. The only things I want for Hanukkah are these:

http://www.betseyjohnson.com/store/productdetails2.aspx?productid=7916&np=5001

http://www.betseyjohnson.com/Skull_Foiled_Stripe_Muffler/pd/np/5001/p/7925.html

I asked a new point a shoot camera since I don't like lugging around my Rebel.

Is your Rebel an SLR camera? I've been fighting temptation to get myself one.

That's really awesome of you both. :) I hope they have an awesome Christmas!

Thanks! We don't have kids of our own and have had them (a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy, brother and sister) for just two weeks now. It was a shock at first, as I'm used to sending my niece and nephew home when I've had enough. lol But thing s are going well and getting into a good routine.

I'm humbled, sir. Truly good people.

:acclaim:

Honestly, I was not too thrilled at first. It was a hell of an adjustment to make - going from the wife and I stepping out whenever and wherever we pleased, to making sure kids are entertained/clean/fed/clothed/changed/et al.

It's been a humbling experience in some ways. Cool thing is, the little loves Spider Man, I've watched a bunch of Marvel cartoons with him, and plan on an introduction to comic books after he learns to use the big boy potty and earning the Spider Man wrist watch my wife has been leading him to the bathroom with lol

Christmas will be full of Spidey and more - though during a X-Men cartoon, he mistook Wolverine for Batman. Some thought modification is in order.

heck yes I'm putting comics on my X-MEN list, I mean X-mas list. I put tpbs on my list every year and bags and boards. I figure even people that don't have a clue about comics can't screw up getting those as gifts. I even put on the list where to buy them from to score the best deal.

Simply put, my wife is amazing. I am completely spoiled by her 24/7 as far as comic books go...I got a slabbed copy of tales to astonish 49, 9.2, for our anniversary a few days ago. As far as xmas goes, she knows what I collect and asks for a list. I'm hoping for a few X-Men and Spider-Woman slabs...maybe a Bowen statue or bust...either way I am always taken care of...she's my baby.

Nope. The only things I want for Hanukkah are these:

http://www.betseyjohnson.com/store/productdetails2.aspx?productid=7916&np=5001

http://www.betseyjohnson.com/Skull_Foiled_Stripe_Muffler/pd/np/5001/p/7925.html

I asked a new point a shoot camera since I don't like lugging around my Rebel.

Is your Rebel an SLR camera? I've been fighting temptation to get myself one.

Yea--I think all Rebels are SLR. I suggest it if you want to start getting into photography. I love it to pieces, but it's a little bulky for me to take to parties, ect. Canon just released an updated one which looks really bad azz.

If you don't like the bulk though, my boyfriend suggests this: http://www.penncamera.com/spec_sheet.html?catalog[name]=Olympus-E-P1-Micro-Four-Thirds-Digital-Pen-Camera-with-lens-%28M.Zuiko-Digital-ED-14-42mm-1%3A3.5-5.6%29---Silver-%26-Black-Olympus&catalog[product_guids][0]=5f3b6cd5-bfd1-427e-8503-788230a959d7

He uses it more than his Canon EOS, simply because of the size. It takes really amazing photos, too!

I'm asking for Ultimate Alliance 2, Superman/Batman Public Enemies, and the Superman Archive books.

If anyone wants to actually buy me a comic that's fine, but no one knows what I want so I really don't expect any comics.