• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Besides Batman Who is the Greatest Power-Less Superhero? - Poll added

191 posts in this topic

If you are asking about mere mortals who are powerless without special equipment then I have to go with Iron Man.

So would I, but doesn't the suit qualify as special equipment, is there a big difference between bionic limbs and armor?

I was referring to the fact that if the armor is taken off, you are left with just a mere man. Same thing goes with Batman, take away the suit and utility belt and you have a guy who is well trained in fighting, but just a man nonetheless.

If you are asking about mere mortals who are powerless without special equipment then I have to go with Iron Man.

Doesn't Tony have some kind of nanites in his blood now that allow him to control other machines via "psychic" link or some other such BS - thus disqualifying him??

Winter Soldier (Bucky)

So then, should we be purists here in the sense of "super powered"?

If we discount tech, there's pretty much nobody left. So I guess it would have to be true super-powers like mutant powers, powers gained by serum, magic powers, etc. I guess bionic limbs unless they are the product of the above don't count.

Doesn't Tony have some kind of nanites in his blood now that allow him to control other machines via "psychic" link or some other such BS - thus disqualifying him??

When did this happen??

Batman has the utility belt and all those other wonderful toys

Point.

My point was, If you are including Batman, as the orignal question did, then we have to include other forms of mechanical based super heroes such as Iron man.

Neither have super powers but both can do stuff that is beyond the average joe due to their money and mental ability to develop great tools for there job (thumbs u

When did this happen??

I don't follow the book, but in his appearance/capture/torture in WWH it was mentioned - in fact, I believe it was this control which turned on the satellite beam that engulfed Hulk and that loser Sentry and ended the story.

I was disappointed, both in the ending and Stark's new "abilities"...

Batman has the utility belt and all those other wonderful toys

Point.

My point was, If you are including Batman, as the orignal question did, then we have to include other forms of mechanical based super heroes such as Iron man.

Neither have super powers but both can do stuff that is beyond the average joe due to their money and mental ability to develop great tools for there job (thumbs u

I meant, you got a point. You don't read Preacher do ya? :kidaround: