• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winter Toronto ComiCON - Sunday, February 28th, 2010 at the MTCC!

61 posts in this topic

Great show. Strong attendance - still waiting for a headcount but initial estimates indicate a better turnout than last February's event - which was our strongest one day show.

Guests all present and accounted for and everyone seemed happy with the results.

Unfortunate that Harley and Comic Book Addiction (Steve was sick) had to cancel, we'll see them in June and August.

Thanks to everyone that came!

Thanks again Kevin. Madmen had a great time - what's better than Comics and Canada being the Hockey Rulers of the World in one day.

And....your welcome for bringing what seemed to be the ONLY TV in the entire convention center! Great day. Good to see some old faces and meet new ones from the board and beyond. :applause:

Also hope we made some kids happy with all my giveaways... I knew buying 60 copies of X-Factor 71 and 30 copies of Silver Surfer 50 would pay off one day. :whee:

I didn't make it unfortunately. Lou had to go out of town.

Any nice vintage books to be had without Harley Yee there?

Thanks again Kevin. Madmen had a great time - what's better than Comics and Canada being the Hockey Rulers of the World in one day.

And....your welcome for bringing what seemed to be the ONLY TV in the entire convention center! Great day. Good to see some old faces and meet new ones from the board and beyond. :applause:

Also hope we made some kids happy with all my giveaways... I knew buying 60 copies of X-Factor 71 and 30 copies of Silver Surfer 50 would pay off one day. :whee:

How did it feel standing on the dealer side of a table? How were sales and what was selling for you?

i didnt think so. alot of new issues and trades, but at great prices. the artist alley was great for a one day show though

Cool. I don't feel so bad for missing it.

i didnt think so. alot of new issues and trades, but at great prices. the artist alley was great for a one day show though

Cool. I don't feel so bad for missing it.

:sorry:

How did it feel standing on the dealer side of a table? How were sales and what was selling for you?

It really felt different.

I was excited to let go of some books that no longer interested me but certain keys that I brought were being looked at and some offers were given but I wasn't able to secure a price that made me happy. My only regret was a deal on a key FF book from a young Doctor... we were $50 away from a deal on it and I was probably too stubborn.

Some bin books did sell (some to other dealers). A bunch of my Crisis on Infinite Earth books went, Omega Men 3, NM 87 9.0, some bronze Captain Marvels and ASM's went as well as my raw FF 66 and 67.

My cousin had a better variety of mid-high grade 7.0 to 9.0 slabs that were moving because they were affordable and the right buyers were there. He did very well.

Overall, a GREAT experience but not something I could do all the time.... considering the November show.

It was really nice to meet you at the show Bruno, as well as your cousin. Kudos for bringing down the tv! I would have otherwise missed the game.

Our remaining convention schedule for the year is:

Toronto AnimeCON - March 20, 21, 2010

Toronto ComiCON Fan Appreciation - June 5-6, 2010.

Fan Expo Canada - August 27-29, 2010

PLUS

We traditionally do a Toronto ComiCON in November and a Toronto AnimeCON in December, watch for details on those shows to be released (as well as our 2011 schedule) in August at or around Fan Expo.

The Fan Appreciation Toronto ComiCON guest list is shaping up amazingly well, and we should have some announcements for you all later this month - we're just waiting on a couple of confirmations before we make our big announcement, as we wouldn't want to announce a guest that wasn't 100% on board. Fan Expo Canada will once again be stratospheric in terms of guests. I think people will be very pleased at who will be coming to both of our big comic shows this year.