• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Collecting in the UK

31 posts in this topic

Hi Stryfe. :hi: Welcome to the boards.

You're right that it will not be cost effective to get your books slabbed. Far cheaper and less risky to just track them down pre slabbed. If you really want to do a submission then I'd recommend a fairly small batch which would give you a good idea of the cost and grading standards and make it your best books so that you won't be losing too much money on it. Like FT said, # 101 is the biggest value book of that bunch.

There are a lot of X Men books from # 101 and upwards that have been slabbed so it'd be a relatively easy run to find if you were in the US. With a bit of patience and perseverance you'll be able to track them down. I only just sold my # 121 CGC 9.6 a couple of weeks ago or I'd have offered you it. :sorry:

Oh yeah, visiting relatives from the US are great. Every time my sister in law visits from Texas, I get her to bring me a bunch into the country. :banana:

And its a rather nice 121 even if I do say so myself :cloud9:

You're right that it will not be cost effective to get your books slabbed. Far cheaper and less risky to just track them down pre slabbed. If you really want to do a submission then I'd recommend a fairly small batch which would give you a good idea of the cost and grading standards and make it your best books so that you won't be losing too much money on it. Like FT said, # 101 is the biggest value book of that bunch.

There are a lot of X Men books from # 101 and upwards that have been slabbed so it'd be a relatively easy run to find if you were in the US. With a bit of patience and perseverance you'll be able to track them down. I only just sold my # 121 CGC 9.6 a couple of weeks ago or I'd have offered you it. :sorry:

Oh yeah, visiting relatives from the US are great. Every time my sister in law visits from Texas, I get her to bring me a bunch into the country. :banana:

You should be feeling guilty now. :baiting:

Once we're up and running, we intend reviving and pimping the CGC submission service.

If we can get it organised, and have the time, we'll hopefully also offer a screening service. :wishluck:

You better loosen up your grading, mate.

Once we're up and running, we intend reviving and pimping the CGC submission service.

If we can get it organised, and have the time, we'll hopefully also offer a screening service. :wishluck:

Yeah. We'll give them the likely CGC grade...and then the proper grade. :insane:

Yeah. We'll give them the likely CGC grade...and then the proper grade. :insane:

lol You are 4 and 1 for me. (worship)

PS: I really miss your sales threads.

How about a screening them for pressing service? :baiting:

How about a screening them for pressing service? :baiting:

:ohnoez:

WTTB !

Even sending low dollar books in 10 or 20 at a time is no longer cost effective from the UK due to the increase in shipping and CGC costs.

Have you considered sending #101 - #142 as a 9.6 pre-screen and #143 - #400 as a 9.8 pre-screen ?

You'd save massively on airmail (both ways), you'd only be $4 or $5 out on the pre-screen rejects (incl shipping) and with the books that do grade out you'll hopefully have the basis of a nice slabbed run. (thumbs u

You should be feeling guilty now. :baiting:

:sorry: