• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA forums/boards

9 posts in this topic

There are some other boards out there that discuss OA (I've listed a few of them here in the past), but all are minor compared to this one or Comicart-L.

When I first started collecting several years ago, I dove right into both archives. I definitely wore out the search function. Very educational. Sadly, the CGC forums only go back a year (Comicart-L archives go back to the beginning of the list in the mid-90's). A lot of great information/discussion here (older than a year) is not searchable by subject. However, you can look up individual poster's contributions with the "view posts" option. That will allow you to check out whatever threads they posted to, even if they go back years. The people who have been signed up here longest are a good place to start.

And, while the L may be more "experienced", I've found much more useful information here. At least in the past few years. But check 'em both out.

When I first started collecting several years ago, I dove right into both archives. I definitely wore out the search function. Very educational. Sadly, the CGC forums only go back a year (Comicart-L archives go back to the beginning of the list in the mid-90's). A lot of great information/discussion here (older than a year) is not searchable by subject. However, you can look up individual poster's contributions with the "view posts" option. That will allow you to check out whatever threads they posted to, even if they go back years. The people who have been signed up here longest are a good place to start.

??? I just did a search with the key word ' Romita ' and got results going back to 2005 .

Thanks for that! I was aware of that already, and always adjusted the relevant fields. For some reason, I seem to recall searches only going back a year. I obviously should have double-checked before I posted. doh!

But that's good news for anyone (newbies especially) who want to learn about the hobby. Tons of good info on this forum the last few years.