• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek 1 variant

10 posts in this topic

What makes this a variant?

The photo on the back cover.

A certain amount (I do not know how many) of the first three issues had photos on the back cover. Overstreet lists the ones with back cover photos as a "rare variation."

thumbsup2.gif

Actually, every #1 variant I've seen has the pic on the back. Something wrong with this. mad.gif

Well of course every #1 variant would have the pic on the back--that's what makes it a variant! makepoint.giftongue.gif

Actually, every #1 variant I've seen has the pic on the back. Something wrong with this. mad.gif

Well of course every #1 variant would have the pic on the back--that's what makes it a variant! makepoint.giftongue.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ok, what I meant was.......every #1 I've seen has the pic on the back. I am thinking the copy without the picture has got to be the rarer of the two. grin.gif

Ok, what I meant was.......every #1 I've seen has the pic on the back. I am thinking the copy without the picture has got to be the rarer of the two. grin.gif

Every copy I've seen has the pic on the back as well. Maybe OS has it confused a'la the FF #110 cover variant?

Jim