• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think CGC can do it???

CGC back on track  

423 members have voted

1. 1. CGC back on track

58 posts in this topic

if I can drop off in person 50 books instead of having to have at least 100, I will do that on Monday :whee:

:applause:

Glad you didn't have to wait too long Nick (thumbs u

We are 2 days behind on the economy tier & 1 behind day on value tier in the grading room . :whee:Send those books in now!

West

I did! However, despite having the USPS tracking to confirm that you received my books on 11/19, they have yet to show up on my Collectors Society order status page as "received". (shrug)

We are 2 days behind on the economy tier & 1 behind day on value tier in the grading room . :whee: Send those books in now!

West

So the grading room is only 2 days behind yet books received through August 7th are the only ones that have shipped? If that's the case, then you're telling us that you have hundreds of graded books just laying around waiting to be slabbed and shipped.

if I can drop off in person 50 books instead of having to have at least 100, I will do that on Monday :whee:

:applause:

Glad you didn't have to wait too long Nick (thumbs u

Gav,

It is only my wishful thinking ;) ...I don't think I am important enough to them to bend any rules(even if I have 50 9.2 to 9.8 key silver age books)...now if I back up a truck with 13000 moderns, I am sure they would role out the carpet.

So the grading room is only 2 days behind yet books received through August 7th are the only ones that have shipped? If that's the case, then you're telling us that you have hundreds of graded books just laying around waiting to be slabbed and shipped.

now that issues on quality control of the slab just surfaced, it might take even longer for those graded books...my condolence.

now that issues on quality control of the slab just surfaced, it might take even longer for those graded books...my condolence.

I personally only have 2 books currently at CGC (both Economy) because my 2 Modern submissions (31 books) were just shipped today. I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that that many graded books are just sitting there for weeks on end waiting to be encased and shipped. I've been told before by a CGC rep that they intentionally hold books for shipment until their stated time frames (20 business days, 40 business days, whatever) arrive should they get the comics graded ahead of time. Doesn't sound like very good business practice to me. (shrug)

I've been told before by a CGC rep that they intentionally hold books for shipment until their stated time frames (20 business days, 40 business days, whatever) arrive should they get the comics graded ahead of time. Doesn't sound like very good business practice to me. (shrug)

I can understand your frustration, but how is that bad business if they are getting your books back to you within the expected time frames?

I'm sure they don't do this because they enjoy watching people suffer as they wait for books.

In all likelihood it helps them prioritize internally by giving them the breathing space so that those paying for express and fast track services get their guaranteed times as well.