• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanksgiving Going-Ons....

31 posts in this topic

Just got the girls down and Mrs. CC are going to watch a movie and fall asleep as we are literally to full for anything but vegging out......man I am swole from that feed. I had two heaping plates....and I mean heaping, as I literally dug my way to the bottom of the plate..twice, and washed it down with four glasses of Resiling and two glasses of iced tea......dear God did I say I was FULL. Sweet Dreams everyone, as I'm not long from La La Land....Happy Thanksgiving-Peace CC.

Just me, the missus and a 22 lbs bird that will have us in leftovers for a good week + :grin:

Same here but just a 21-pounder. My wife and I actually ate at our dinner table! :o We haven't done that in years (no kidding). We've gotten used to grabbing dinner and heading to the living room since the kids have been gone. But we made it a project about a week ago to clear all the clutter off of the table and it's now clear. It's amazing how great that table looks now that it's clear of junk! :)

Thanksgiving dinner with my wife's family today. Thanksgiving dinner with my family on Sunday.

:cloud9:

:banana: for you ... :tonofbricks: for me in Wellington ... the weather is much much better here than at home though :)

Sorry, Michaël. Why New Zealand? If it's any consolation, it was freezing and rainy all day today. 90037.png

Dinner and desert down the hatch. Sitting around waiting for my stomach to burst and for me to be rushed via ambulance to the ER for emergency surgery. Wife and I chefed it up big time. She made an incredible chocolate pie with a chocolate graham cracker crust and topped with an amazing almond whipped cream. Wow.

Company is gone, kids are being entertained by the Iron Man animated movie, and the wife and I are sitting here relaxing with tea giving a toast to my mother and hr mother, both of whom loved Thanksgiving and are no longer here to celebrate it with us.

To Lucy and Theresa - cheers!

Turkey? Thanksgiving? Wasn't that about a month and a half ago???

Oh yeah, I forgot you Americans like to do things in your own good time. ;)

Me, I spent your Thanksgiving at a Steely Dan concert at our venerable Massey Hall - for the second night in a row.

Last night was "Aja". :luhv:

Tonight it was "The Royal Scam". (thumbs u

Absolute KILLER band. Astounding musicianship.

I kept having to pick my jaw up off the floor as I listened to John Herrington on guitar. Same with Keith Carlock on drums. And both Becker and Fagen were in fine form.

Turkey? Thanksgiving? Wasn't that about a month and a half ago???

Oh yeah, I forgot you Americans like to do things in your own good time. ;)

Me, I spent your Thanksgiving at a Steely Dan concert at our venerable Massey Hall - for the second night in a row.

Last night was "Aja". :luhv:

Tonight it was "The Royal Scam". (thumbs u

Absolute KILLER band. Astounding musicianship.

I kept having to pick my jaw up off the floor as I listened to John Herrington on guitar. Same with Keith Carlock on drums. And both Becker and Fagen were in fine form.

I wore out a couple of Steely dan cds while camping.They still rock..

Dinner and desert down the hatch. Sitting around waiting for my stomach to burst and for me to be rushed via ambulance to the ER for emergency surgery. Wife and I chefed it up big time. She made an incredible chocolate pie with a chocolate graham cracker crust and topped with an amazing almond whipped cream. Wow.

Company is gone, kids are being entertained by the Iron Man animated movie, and the wife and I are sitting here relaxing with tea giving a toast to my mother and hr mother, both of whom loved Thanksgiving and are no longer here to celebrate it with us.

To Lucy and Theresa - cheers!

Let me be serious for just one minute.

Im sure both of your mothers are looking down from heaven.Raising a toast to one another saying we didnt do half bad!

And I couldnt agree more.

Have a great day after.

Dennis

OK seriousness is over.Back to the same old same old.