• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Energizer...

195 posts in this topic

I accept that returner admitted he was wrong about the book, but it wasn't unreasonable to question the book, the thread seemed to have been resolved amicably. However the phone call was wankish move.

Not a nice move at all.

So what if his wife answered instead, and this guy went off on her out of frustration? If he was calling for a fight, and not thinking clearly (sounds like he wasn't), it could have gone that route.

He shouldn't have called him at home.

You called him out on a public forum, accused him of something akin to murder in our own small community's terms...and then it turned out you were wrong.

Whilst I don't agree with what he's done, I can at least understand it.

Can't you?

(thumbs u

You have to be very careful in what you say on public forums. People can take it many different ways. I made this mistake and regret it immensely. Not saying him calling you in such a fashion is acceptable, but see it from his point of view.

Well, the major problem I have with this guy is that he didn't even read the threads, he just took it on someone else's word about what was being said and proceeded to not write, but call me at home.

Well, by not reading it, he missed out on the finer nuances. However, he wasn't wrong about the impact of such a public revelation.

He was wrong to call and wrong in his attitude. Still, you might like to be a bit slower banging away on the keyboard in the future?

I've bought several books from NJPOWER2000 and have been very pleased. All the books I've bought were accurately graded except one, and in that case he refunded very quickly and was quite apologetic and very fast to respond. Frank is the person that has always communicated with me regarding eBay transactions and he seems like a very nice guy. I don't know who exactly called you but agree it was quite inappropriate...an email or just posting in the thread would have been the route to go. Although, I do see how they were justified in being upset since you were fairly accusatory in your posts.

Post scans of the book you received....and the book he now has listed. You said they're the same book. Show us. :popcorn:

Um...nevermind. I figured the other thread was deleted....explaining why you would start another.

It's still there. You admitted the books are NOT the same in that thread. And yet....you started ANOTHER thread?

Um....okay.

I started another thread after this nutjob called me at home!

Call him back. ;)

Post scans of the book you received....and the book he now has listed. You said they're the same book. Show us. :popcorn:

Um...nevermind. I figured the other thread was deleted....explaining why you would start another.

It's still there. You admitted the books are NOT the same in that thread. And yet....you started ANOTHER thread?

Um....okay.

I started another thread after this nutjob called me at home!

Call him back. ;)

You gonna run the auctions or not, jackazz?

Funny thing is, and I told him such, is that we are a community here that value the opinions of other boardies. My main goal was to see if anyone had dealings with him. He stated that noone listens to anyone on these boards. I countered that 210 people have "listened" to my original thread. That's 210 potential customers who listen to the opinions and advice of other boardies over Ebay sellers.

Anyway, guess I'll let it die. He has banned me form any future purchases (oh boo-hoo :cry:) and told me that I should apologize here. Why? He won't even take the time to read these threads? (although he can call me and Email me).

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys. As for a pic of me, it wouldn't matter. Remember, all guys are keyboard tough. lol

When it comes down to it, he did sell me a trimmed book originally. You'd think that a guy with over 50,000 might have some experience/knowledge looking for that kind of thing, especially when it was that obvious. Now I'm the bad guy for being cautious and asking advice?

To be fair, you did initially call him out as reselling a trimmed book with no disclosure.

It's just better to be sure about something when it involves someone's rep before it's posted.

Some people don't read through an entire thread to get the point...they'll see the title, a few posts and draw a conclusion.

I'm just putting myself in his shoes, and I'd be upset too if someone discussed it publicly without talking to me first or making sure the facts were correct.

2c

To be fair, you did initially call him out as reselling a trimmed book with no disclosure.

It's just better to be sure about something when it involves someone's rep before it's posted.

Some people don't read through an entire thread to get the point...they'll see the title, a few posts and draw a conclusion.

I'm just putting myself in his shoes, and I'd be upset too if someone discussed it publicly without talking to me first or making sure the facts were correct.

2c

In which case Roy I'd fully expect you to politely contact said poster via email or PM to amicably resolve the issue (thumbs u

2c

In which case Roy I'd fully expect you to politely contact said poster via email or PM to amicably resolve the issue (thumbs u

Or a phone call...but I agree.

:baiting:

2c

(thumbs u

Even when you don't publicly name the other party it can be harmful. Again, the phone call was uncalled for, my caution is just posting information on a public venue.

So, after asking for feedback from people within this community concerning njpower2000 and their respective dealings with him, the thread, as most on these threads do, spiraled out of control. I never accused this nut of trimming or selling books in a dishonest manner.

So, thanks to a few boardies calling this guy personally, I get a confrontational call from him on my home phone with him accusing me of slandering his company.

He would not even listen to what I had to say. I basically told him to go read the thread on CGC Forum and he said he doesn't have time for that. I guess he'd just rather fly off the handle and start swearing at me. That is the point at which I hung up. He's been warned to never call me again or I will have him arrested for phone harrassment. Let's hope he is a smart guy. What a fricken' nut!

This guy is tied in with Matt Nelson. Never cared for his ways, he tried to doop me once on a book. I just hung up the phone. Nothing but Drama on these boards, gotta love it.

2c

(thumbs u

If you're gonna go balls out and accuse someone of wrong doing, you realllllllly need to make sure you have your facts 150% correct before doing it.

Otherwise, you look like an arseface.

These boards are public. Anybody can, and does, read them. Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because there aren't a lot of replies to a thread, that no one's reading them....and don't become insular and think that our "little community" is just that. It's not.

If you wouldn't say it to the face of the person about whom it concerns, don't say it here.

So, after asking for feedback from people within this community concerning njpower2000 and their respective dealings with him, the thread, as most on these threads do, spiraled out of control. I never accused this nut of trimming or selling books in a dishonest manner.

So, thanks to a few boardies calling this guy personally, I get a confrontational call from him on my home phone with him accusing me of slandering his company.

He would not even listen to what I had to say. I basically told him to go read the thread on CGC Forum and he said he doesn't have time for that. I guess he'd just rather fly off the handle and start swearing at me. That is the point at which I hung up. He's been warned to never call me again or I will have him arrested for phone harrassment. Let's hope he is a smart guy. What a fricken' nut!

This guy is tied in with Matt Nelson. Never cared for his ways, he tried to doop me once on a book. I just hung up the phone. Nothing but Drama on these boards, gotta love it.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Also....

When you use eBay, as either a seller or a buyer, you give the other party the right to be able to contact you by phone.

I don't understand why this is so controversial; it's been part of eBay for well over a decade.

Each party has the right to obtain the phone number of the other party in a transaction, to discuss possible issues, and by eBay terms, everyone MUST provide a valid phone number they can be reached at.

So if you're "shocked" that someone calls you...don't use eBay.

This guy is tied in with Matt Nelson.

So?

I think Matt Nelson is the bee's knees, personally...

What's your point? (other than stirring up trouble, that is..)

Not to play devils advocate matt, but it wasnt so long ago that your motives were questioned. You blew up as well and had an episode that included plenty of cursing, some threats of violence and a new forum name.

2c

Well, in my opinion, we really have only heard one side of the story, and that is clearly from someone who doesn't necessarily use the best judgement or act in a non emotional way about it.

Also....

When you use eBay, as either a seller or a buyer, you give the other party the right to be able to contact you by phone.

I don't understand why this is so controversial; it's been part of eBay for well over a decade.

Each party has the right to obtain the phone number of the other party in a transaction, to discuss possible issues, and by eBay terms, everyone MUST provide a valid phone number they can be reached at.

So if you're "shocked" that someone calls you...don't use eBay.

I think the OP's 'surprise' here is that he wasn't in a current transaction with the other party. I'd be surprised as well if I got a call from someone out of the blue.

Can anyone just request another eBay user's info? Just curious.