• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another bag/board question

57 posts in this topic

Geez, these prices seem a bit high... confused-smiley-013.gif

My LCS sells 100 polyproylene bags (any size) for $4.50 and 100 boards (any size) for $7.50 + tax

same here (the brand escapes me at the mo' - modern bags have a blue slip, while silver have a black), but i found that either the bags or the boards are never consistant between sets. Almost always the book i try to place in the bag just doesnt want to go in 'cause its too freaking tight

found the slip-

boards.jpg

feh, they fit snugly in the bags but leave no room for the comic

>_<

Bags unlimited:

200 SA sleeves = $13.50

200 SA boards = $21.20

total = $34.70 + shipping

Man... I should seriously consider selling bags online... foreheadslap.gif

I sell mine in the shop at $2.89 per hundred and I am making a tidy profit at that...

It's harder to make money on boards because of the shipping charge, but I sell those in the shop for $6.25 per hundred...

And Darth, you're not serious about sending those via media mail are you? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'll be including some media in the shipment and use the bags and boards for "packing" material...

I appreciate the info, links and offer (thanks Darth).

I went ahead and bought the SA supplies ($3 for 100 bags, $7 for 100 boards).

I just wanted to make sure that there wouldn’t be any damage caused by placing a Modern into a SA sleeve and board. From the input and searching the net, I can not find a reason why they would. After bagging my books, I noticed how nice it was to have them all one size. Another bonus was that the moderns I have in Mylars will fit perfect in the SA bags and I can put the board on the outside of the Mylar.

Ill have to buy some more next week. I had more comics than I thought I did and filled another long box. I also have to replace all the old bags and boards. The things are a horror flick, but I guess they would be after 10 years in southern weather.

Bags unlimited:

200 SA sleeves = $13.50

200 SA boards = $21.20

total = $34.70 + shipping

Man... I should seriously consider selling bags online... foreheadslap.gif

I sell mine in the shop at $2.89 per hundred and I am making a tidy profit at that...

It's harder to make money on boards because of the shipping charge, but I sell those in the shop for $6.25 per hundred...

And Darth, you're not serious about sending those via media mail are you? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'll be including some media in the shipment and use the bags and boards for "packing" material...

THAT'S why every box I get from you includes an AOL cd... foreheadslap.gif

ask rickdogg - he gets some Victoria Secret stuff from me as bonus packing material

others get SPort's ilustraded, ESPM mag, Newsweek, Time...

I sent my 2 Ladies Home Journals with the Prez and First lady were on the cover and another with the chicks from "Faith" (Kelly Ripa and the other one) to ubiquiti confused-smiley-013.gif

I used to send out Maxims but they strted adding too much to the weight

Geez, these prices seem a bit high... confused-smiley-013.gif

My LCS sells 100 polyproylene bags (any size) for $4.50 and 100 boards (any size) for $7.50 + tax

same here (the brand escapes me at the mo' - modern bags have a blue slip, while silver have a black), but i found that either the bags or the boards are never consistant between sets. Almost always the book i try to place in the bag just doesnt want to go in 'cause its too freaking tight

found the slip-

boards.jpg

feh, they fit snugly in the bags but leave no room for the comic

>_<

There are sellers on eBay that sell 1000 for $19.50. That comes out to $1.95 per hundred before tax/shipping. Backing boards are about $3.85 per hundred when purchased 1000 at a time.

The ones with resealable tape strips are about a dollar more per hundred.

(I've been selling resealable size bags for about $2 per hundred.)

I'm actually currently thinking about having a million resealable current size and regular size bags made (that's only 10,000 100-count packs per size) although I'm not sure about the total cost yet (manufacturing and shipping).

ask rickdogg - he gets some Victoria Secret stuff from me as bonus packing material

I sent my 2 Ladies Home Journals with the Prez and First lady were on the cover and another with the chicks from "Faith" (Kelly Ripa and the other one) to ubiquiti confused-smiley-013.gif

You do know that the reason you can't send comic books via media mail is the advertising right? foreheadslap.gif

And I have to say. That may be the most unique spelling of Sports Illustrated I have ever seen. The nuns at St Jeanne De Lestonnac would have broken my knuckles for spelling that original.

You do know that the reason you can't send comic books via media mail is the advertising right? foreheadslap.gif

so they say...this is the gray area...even that aol disc has "ads" - I think it is meant to apply to catalog ads so catalogs go via a different rate.

And I have to say. That may be the most unique spelling of Sports Illustrated I have ever seen. The nuns at St Jeanne De Lestonnac would have broken my knuckles for spelling that original.

That takes some Pov-esque skill to type like that thumbsup2.gif "Macksum"

btw I got your package for the Danger Girls that were supposed to be X-mas presents...I see you mutilated a Label 228C otherwise known as a Priority Mail address label, yet you did not ship using Priority. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif That's a postal reg violation, last I check, along the same lines of taking the free priority box and turning it inside out to ship using other parcel non-priority services... 893naughty-thumb.gif ?

found the slip-

boards.jpg

Hey...those are the ones that I use...I would almost think that we go to the same LCS, except you live all the way down there. hi.gif

btw I got your package for the Danger Girls that were supposed to be X-mas presents...I see you mutilated a Label 228C otherwise known as a Priority Mail address label, yet you did not ship using Priority. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif That's a postal reg violation, last I check, along the same lines of taking the free priority box and turning it inside out to ship using other parcel non-priority services... 893naughty-thumb.gif ?

lol... Believe it or not, my local postmaster suggested that method to me... 893whatthe.gif

Told me that since they printed me 1500 of them anyway I should at least use them... confused-smiley-013.gif

it's a box

it's got sticky sides that you can use as tape

>.> <.<

?

USPS offers free Priority supplies to small businesses and delivers it free of charge to their place of business. All they have to do is sign an agreement that they will not use the materials for anything but Priority rate. Doing so is a prosecutable action. We have current investiagations going on several frequent violators; mostly guys who flip the priority inside out and ship using UPS or Fedex but that will branch out and focus in on the ones who use priority materials to ship parcel post/bulk rates..ask Lighthouse about the "heat" on his zip code tongue.gif

It may be a negligible loss when 1 person does it once in a while on shipping but when a big business does this as a daily practice on thousands of shipments, those losses add up...and folks wonder why price of samps keeps going up foreheadslap.gif

?

USPS offers free Priority supplies to small businesses and delivers it free of charge to their place of business. All they have to do is sign an agreement that they will not use the materials for anything but Priority rate. Doing so is a prosecutable action. We have current investiagations going on several frequent violators; mostly guys who flip the priority inside out and ship using UPS or Fedex but that will branch out and focus in on the ones who use priority materials to ship parcel post/bulk rates..ask Lighthouse about the "heat" on his zip code tongue.gif

It may be a negligible loss when 1 person does it once in a while on shipping but when a big business does this as a daily practice on thousands of shipments, those losses add up...and folks wonder why price of samps keeps going up foreheadslap.gif

I'm a angel.gif and only use my Priority supplies the right way. flowerred.gif

?

I'm a angel.gif and only use my Priority supplies the right way. flowerred.gif

Yeah, that guy who shipped whitewall tires via media mail at the downtown post office really ruined it for the rest of us. mad.gif

The only Priority supply I frequently "misuse" is the pre-printed label. Anyone who has received media mail shipments from me knows that I buy bubble envelopes and boxes just like I am supposed to. The only other questionable use of supplies is my use of the Tyvek bags inside of other Priority Mail packages. In theory the post office wants two postage payments when two items are used, but I switched a few months ago to taping the Tyvek bag instead of using its seal. That way I am just shipping an unused supply as part of the shipment... thumbsup2.gif