• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do the heritage catalogs sell for anything?

24 posts in this topic

DCMan currently has a sales thread in the Mixed Ages marketplace where he's selling 8 of the Heritage auction catalogs for $50.00.

$50.00 EACH?

Nope. All 8 for $50.00. I just noticed that gman has some in the Mixed Ages area also for 10.00 each.

I have no idea why anyone would pay for them. They mail them out for free.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I have a couple myself that I received at no charge a few years ago. They are kinda cool. Lots of nice pics of a lot of sweet old comics.

Well it's not really a new concept. The Sotheby's and Christie's art auction catalogs from 91-93 are consistent sellers on the secondary market. They don't go for a ton but they sell every time they pop up. Same thing with art and comic catalogs from the past, graphic collectibles, Russ Cochran, etc.

Most of the catalogs were shipped free when they first came out.

If you missed the auction in question, the only place to get a copy is on the secondary market. It's fun to look back at these print catalogs of auctions (which I keep with a prices realized sheet) to see where the markets for items move over the years.

Best,

Chris

I bought two Heritage catalogs off of gman because they had Schomburg art on the cover. I don't care that they will never be worth more than $5-10 if anything. I bought them because I'm a collector that collects things. I've got Schomburg comics, books, price guides, a poster and now a couple catalogs.

I like some of the others too with Barks and Frazetta art.

I also like to look at pictures of comics and read little reports about them.

Heritage catelogs are great resource and a fun way to kill a few hours flipping through the pages of all those great books. Some of the catelogs with better know GA collections that were auctioned in recent years seem to move pretty quickly [Cage, White Rose, Crippen, etc]. A few years back Bob Storms was nice enough to give a bunch away I just had to cover the shipping.

They're top notch publications...I particularly like the ones that give detailed info about original owner collections that are offered. I had a stack of them 2 feet tall and gave most of them to my pal, Richard. I also receive the ones with the Natural History listings...fossils, minerals, arrowheads, etc. ...they are stunning. To me 10 bucks a piece for them is cheap. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. What Andy said about condition is true....it took me 5 minutes to un-wedge one from my post box.