• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold my TOS#39 7.0 for these, thoughts?

479 posts in this topic

Wow. Stopped reading this thread shortly after I started.

It really went down hill I see.

But, it now gives me a chance to show off my 56' Coronet again. :)

All original. I don't like PLODs. This car has not been pressed and there is no tape on it, inside or outside. I'd grade it as an 8.0/8.5. Not a show winner but it has been in a couple of Survivor Shows.

No antennae and no radio. But it does have an under the dash .45 rpm record player. :) (try and find an original of one of those!)

It has a push button automatic transmission. There is a control inside for lifting a hood scoop in front of the windshield (yes, that is the way it was made originally) that allows fresh air to enter the vehicle more than the regular vents do. Unfortunately it does not have a hemi engine and only has a flat head six. A heni in this car would be real sweet. Maybe I will trade my ASM #1 for a new engine (just kidding) :)

Oh. If you have a CGC 7.0 TOS #39, I would not trade this car for it. Not saying the value would be all that different, but I wouldn't trade my baby for it.

But, if I had the book, I wouldn't trade it for the car either. Certainly not for some wheels for the car. Even shiney cool wheels. To each his own, but the more I think about it, it sounds silly. If I wanted the wheels and loved my comic book collection, I would live without the wheels or get the money some other way.

Anyway. Here's my MOPAR Baby.

56dodgecoronet.jpg

How does a record play while driving without skipping?????

It don't. It is for playing while parked.

It's a "fifties" thing. :)

Parking is still practiced today they just use cd players for the romantic music..

You mean like "Momma Said Knock You Out"? Ha Ha.

I'm 56 years old. please remind me what "romantic" music is for. zzz

Sounds like my husband..romantic music to him is the sound of his own snoring..

But we did park on our first date..in a lovely parking garage in San Diego..(It was a love at first sight thing) So cheers to parking and to the guy watching us on the cctv camera we didn't notice till two hours after we got there..

Too bad I wasn't driving the lovely Newport Custom then..it would have been way more comfy than parking in a camry

"But we did park on our first date..in a lovely parking garage in San Diego..(It was a love at first sight thing) So cheers to parking and to the guy watching us on the cctv camera we didn't notice till two hours after we got there.."

First date? ^^

:o:roflmao:

So, let's see, now i've LIED about even OWNING a Tos#39 (yeah, super rare book) and I can't possibly own a 69' Camaro SS (after all, why even believe the SRT8 is mine? the 69' cost me LESS when I bought it) lol, Ya gotta love when the lilliputians attempt to discredit you, quite humorous indeed.

Maybe I didn't read the posts where it said you lied about that - but I did read the post of yours saying "should I post a pic of my '69 Camaro SS?" and I read lots of other posts where people are saying yes, please show it.

I am not calling you liar - but I do just want to see the Camaro.

:D

-slym

Slym, for YOU? no problem bud... ;)

side.jpg

garagef.jpg

lowfront.jpg

frontend.jpg

backend.jpg

Awesome car. (worship)

BTW, I never doubted you owned it - I just wanted to see it and figured you'd eventually post some pics if I goaded you about it. Glad I did it, too. That SS is sweeeeeeet. :applause:

Alright, regardless, I am personally DONE with this thread...back to comic books. I honestly regret I ever posted this thread :(

I did too, until you posted the pics of your Camaro. :cloud9:

Alright, regardless, I am personally DONE with this thread...back to comic books. I honestly regret I ever posted this thread :(

I did too, until you posted the pics of your Camaro. :cloud9:

Recheck the some of the posts after he first posted his car lol

Obviously I posted those two things before getting to the follow-up work. HILARIOUS. :roflmao:

People never cease to surprise me. That's what keeps life so interesting - all of the kooks. :cloud9:

"But we did park on our first date..in a lovely parking garage in San Diego..(It was a love at first sight thing) So cheers to parking and to the guy watching us on the cctv camera we didn't notice till two hours after we got there.."

First date? ^^

First and last..been together ever since..

hmmm...........

http://imageevent.com/publicgallery/carsandtransportation/lemansblue69000

These pics were taken at Herman's Classic Cars in London, Ky. on 10-19-09. The car was purchased by "someone" between then and now.

My spider sense is tingling.

It would probably be a simple thing to call Hermans Classic Cars, or send them an email, and ask them who purchased the car. But, I don't care enough about all of this to do that.

But my spider sense IS tingling.

Nice work - remember, he said he took those pics while the car was in Florida, and they were obviously taken in Kentucky, as the floor is the exact same.

A fine bunch of detective work, some done behind the scenes!!!

-slym

Yea. Ha Ha. I married the first person I ever dated and we are still together, 46 years later.

Of course that first date was when I was nine years old and she was seven. (I always did like'em younger than me) :)

First and last date with my husband..he wasn't my first date ever harhar..

I'm a comic book geek but not that much of a geek lol

(I always did like'em younger than me) :)

Me too, my wifes almost 14 years younger than me. Younger women never could resist me.

DRX

Own a candy store?

And/or a van with no windows?

free_candy_van.jpg

-slym

lol I drove a seedy ice-cream truck.

DRX

Now those guys have game! I mean they've got to right? They have no job? no car? no money? But still get the girls?

Got no money and you got no car,

Then you got no woman, and there you are.

/Bust a move

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Young MC'd!

Taking it back to the Old School...

(I always did like'em younger than me) :)

Me too, my wifes almost 14 years younger than me. Younger women never could resist me.

DRX

Own a candy store?

No but she atually sold me girl scout cookies when she was a kid. This picture was taken last year. I think she looks pretty good for almost 44 years old. My two daughters ( the one on the right always looks like shes half asleep ). lol

DRX

wedding018.jpg