• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A CGC SS 9.6 to 9.8 Question...

13 posts in this topic

This happened with an Incredible Hulk 181. I remember the thread. The book was slabbed as a 9.6. The book was opened to have it become a SS book. The book went from being worth roughly $5,600 to $25K+... Not bad for a return on a SS re submission.!! A 9.6 slabbed to a 9.8 SS slabbed book.. Talk about a sweet bump in grade!!

I've had roughly the same number of grade drops as grade bumps when submitting a book for Signature Series, but most of the time they just come back the same grade. It's a roll of the dice whenever you crack a book out of the slab.

You guys realize I mean...

Adding more signatures to a book and returning the book to CGC with more signatures added, and the previous yellow label, so they can verify the previous sigs without giving it a green label, but this would mean... they would see it was previously a 9.6.

If that makes sense.

The graders don't see the previous label and don't know what the previous grade is. A resubmitted SS book has the same chance of getting a grade bump as a Universal book.

I've had roughly the same number of grade drops as grade bumps when submitting a book for Signature Series, but most of the time they just come back the same grade. It's a roll of the dice whenever you crack a book out of the slab.

Same here - it helps if you inspect the slabbed book beforehand & don't crack books where the grade looks soft.