• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales 135

16 posts in this topic

I bought this a few years back from a reputable dealer as a VF/NM. When I got it I thought it graded a bit lower, but was having such a difficult time find a HG copy I kept it. Now looking at the CGC'd copies on CLink I see HG copies that also have a spine tick or two as does mine and am wondering if maybe I was a bit overcritical. Anyhow, would appreciate any input.

st135.jpg

st135b.jpg

To me, its an accumulation of defects. It looks like some tiny tears starting on the top edge of the front cover. There is also some stress and color rub on the top spine front cover. Some color breaking creases on the spine. It also looks like a possible small chip out of the lower back bottom corner. Looks like a small spot ( stain ) on the back cover also near the top. Still a real nice book though. (thumbs u

DRX

8.5. They go easy on this book.

Looking at the CGC'd books on CLink and eBay I agree this seems to be so. Is there a general consensus that this is true? If so, any idea why?

Also, I'm wondering if the the bit at the top of the spine would be worth pressing out, or would it not be enough to effect the grade?

8.5. They go easy on this book.

Looking at the CGC'd books on CLink and eBay I agree this seems to be so. Is there a general consensus that this is true? If so, any idea why?

Also, I'm wondering if the the bit at the top of the spine would be worth pressing out, or would it not be enough to effect the grade?

The census doesn't support this notion, with only a single copy above 9.4.