• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are so many ebay sellers, so stupid?

36 posts in this topic

I believe that MOST people are stupid. But in their defense, who the heck cares about "ages" or knows about comic book "ages", if they are not a comic book collector?

Answer: None

My wife has been around comic books most of her life (they are a huge part of my life), and she wouldn't know one age from another. They are just comic books. As a matter of fact, of the thousands of people I have had routine contact with during my life, maybe two would know the various age designations appled to this hobby.

Someone on Ebay trying to make a buck off of an old funny book, shouldn't be expected to know that stuff.

I believe that MOST people are stupid. But in their defense, who the heck cares about "ages" or knows about comic book "ages", if they are not a comic book collector?

My wife has been around comic books most of her life (they are a huge part of my life), and she wouldn't know one age from another. They are just comic books. As a matter of fact, of the thousands of people I have had routine contact with during my life, maybe two would know the various age designations appled to this hobby.

Someone on Ebay trying to make a buck off of an old funny book, shouldn't be expected to know that stuff.

Ur sou smarte..tich me maztir, ol u no...pleez

Ebay actually has each age "explained" when you go to make the choices while listing your auction...

(shrug)

-slym

A lot of them have the year on the cover as well, it ain't rocket science.

I bet that not many sellers put Silver Age books in the modern section.

2 things I can't stand about buying comics on ebay...

1. Paypal only

2. overcharging for shipping...

Let me enlighten you, Buy some comics and the auction says "$10.00 Priority Mail"

Comic(s) shows up...media mail for $2.50. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not here to offset a seller's ebay/paypal fees with shipping costs. If I'm paying for priority mail, then I expect it. Does this annoy anyone else? (shrug)

1. Paypal only

Let me enlighten you, Buy some comics and the auction says "$10.00 Priority Mail"

Comic(s) shows up...media mail for $2.50. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not here to offset a seller's ebay/paypal fees with shipping costs. If I'm paying for priority mail, then I expect it. Does this annoy anyone else? (shrug)

Not eBay UK buyers where free shipping on comics is mandatory meh

1. Paypal only

Yes, it does, very much...and I've started downgrading on those star thingys

However, missed categories...I don't really care at all,:shrug:...Sometimes when I do list (which hasn't been for 6 months) ...I'll put 10 -cent issues in GA...not everyone LOOKS in the right categories, you need to out guess them;) I'll put things in silver because I had a bunch of books that were the same title and I'll leave them together...

AND...I've been told that when SOME brilliant detective buyers find something in the wrong place, they think they found a steal and will bid it up;)

Most Ebay sellers are also buyers...so if the title fits...

1. Paypal only

Ship to me via Media when I paid for Priority, and the seller gets 1 star rating across the boards and a negative FB - but only after I contact them and see if the situation can't be resolved. If there is satisfactory resolution, then they just get a 1-star rating on the S&H one.

-slym

I sincerely hope that was sarcasm..I sell on Ebay all the time ..

I will, but it will cost you seven golden age comic books and will take fifty six years of your life. "IF" you are a fast learner. :roflmao:

Plus, you will have to learn english. Pig Latin just won't do.

I will, but it will cost you seven golden age comic books and will take fifty six years of your life. "IF" you are a fast learner. :roflmao:

Plus, you will have to learn english. Pig Latin just won't do.

hm