• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This has to be the worst placed sig ever!!

64 posts in this topic

I have to admit---he's got SO MUCH blank space to drop it---top left, top right---there's lots of spaces.

That's why I cut specific spots in window bags now for sigs, so that way the artist/writer has no option but to plunk the sig exactly where I want it.

i wonder if stan thought it was just a regular book? and not a sketch.

Good point Fred.

He's signing book after book and I'm sure he doesn't look at each cover closely enough to determine if it's a sketch. I hope that's the case at least, otherwise that's just plain awful.

That's a good idea to be real.

I have to admit---he's got SO MUCH blank space to drop it---top left, top right---there's lots of spaces.

That's why I cut specific spots in window bags now for sigs, so that way the artist/writer has no option but to plunk the sig exactly where I want it.

I don't think Stan gives too much importance, to be honest, nothing against him, I like his signature on my books but, when he gets stacks ..after stacks,..after yet more stacks of books, practilcally rushed and moved around in front of him, I am surprised there isn't more books that have his signature in undesirable places..he probably doesn't do it on purpose, unlike Quesada, who is notorious for placing his signature right on faces and main parts of his books... But, I sure as heck wouldn't Stan placing his sig right on the main part of a sketch...

When I was helping out in Pittsburg for the Stan signing, he was very attentive to each person and was asking everyone about satisfactory sig placement.

i guess individually he is like that but when it comes to a stack of books he just fires away.

still nice book, ive seen a worse Stan massacare!

Like Galactus, Stan is a force of the universe. We may not understand his reasons or think that they are correct or fair, we simply must accept them.

607599-galactus_head_super.jpg

That is a frickin' awesome Galactus.

What's that from?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance, I think :shrug:

You guys want to know the deal. I will tell you.

This was an old school sketch I had done like 2 years ago.......I got Garney pencils, then I had Vines color it for me. Then I was like this is pretty spiffy, guess I will send it off to a Stan Lee signing.

The I got it back and I was like D A M N this stinks I wish he did not sign on the face.

Now I have my own signings with him :)

But I still would never promise at all that every signature is going to come out perfect........

It still is a nice looking book.