• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC auction started - post your Wins and Heartbreaks

37 posts in this topic

It seems every major auction recently has had an Avengers 16 in 8.5/9.0, I think you're time is coming. That book, along with the rest of the run, has really come back down to earth.

As they should. (thumbs u

....well till the movie comes out anyway.

It seems every major auction recently has had an Avengers 16 in 8.5/9.0, I think you're time is coming. That book, along with the rest of the run, has really come back down to earth.

As they should. (thumbs u

....well till the movie comes out anyway.

lol

A lot of the 9.4/9.6 still seems crazy but I don't venture into those waters so not sure if those prices are coming down. All I know is the 16 has seen some crazy fluctuations with copies in 9.0 selling for as little as $450ish to as much as $750ish. Obviously, due to my keen intellect and uncanny prognosticating abilities I am timing my purchase of a copy to absolutely maximize the chance to pay the lowest price possible prior to the movie hype once again setting prices ablaze.

The Avengers 9 was a decent price....it was ballistic for a while too. T hat 'Tec 31 SP 7.5 is a book I'd be all over if I had money....cover cleaned, tear seal, spine reinforced, and staple replaced.... (shrug) so what. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The Avengers 9 was a decent price....it was ballistic for a while too. T hat 'Tec 31 SP 7.5 is a book I'd be all over if I had money....cover cleaned, tear seal, spine reinforced, and staple replaced.... (shrug) so what. GOD BLESS...

Twas my former copy.. Great boook to own :cool:

I really don't understand people sometimes...the resto on that book is so minimal....it was probably a 5.0 or better before the work....and the last time I checked the 2.5 was going for more....that 7.5 SP was gorgeous. I can understand someone waiting if it was a common book. Sooner or later someone will snag it and be VERY happy. When I checked a few minutes before close, I seem to remember it only being at 10 K (shrug) GOD BLESS...

Round 2 Tonight..... :popcorn:

round 2 ended the same as round 1 for me. Nothing and I was 0 for 10 all together. Most of the books I went after did sell close to GPA. Too bad the prices on them didn't fell off the cliff like some other books or I might have stolen a few.

Was after a few of those Northford Strange Tales from 1 - 20, many of which were looking pretty cheap right until the last three minutes. After all the drawn-out extended bidding, there were no bargains, although a couple of issues (that you never see in HG) went for reasonable money.

Same as usual, really.