• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE EVER BOUGHT A RAW BOOK FROM HERITAGE

29 posts in this topic

I bought from them about 6 months ago. Actually, I screwed up. I thought I was buying CGC graded books, because I saw a picture of one in each of these auctions. However, they were showing old archive photos to what the same issue was selling for in the past, CGC graded. doh! I bought 3 raw books and the two 8.0s I kept. The one that was supposed to be 8.5 looked more like 6.5 and I returned it for a full refund. The two 8.0s were sent off to CGC and I got an 8.0 on one and an 8.5 on the other. Very pleased with that.

I'd say, as long as you're allowed to return books that you're unhappy with, you'll be fine. You may want to call them and confirm this important info first, though.

Andy 2c

I have bought a few that I have sent in for grading. Here are the results:

Astonishing #4 - Bought as FN- (Got a GLOD because staples replaced - not mentioned by HA):

2270131520102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

Astonishing #5 - Bought as VG/FN

2727164020102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

Heroic Comics #14 - Bought as VG/FN (File Copy)

2233813980102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

National Comics #34 - Bought as FN+

2063684600102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

Bought these as VG/FINE in September from Heritage and must say I was more than happily surprised.

th_X40small.jpgth_x26small.jpgth_x27small.jpgth_x39small.jpg

I'm not bloody surprised! :o

Unless the back covers are shot to sh!te, those are waaaaaaaaaay better than VG/FN. :applause:

BCs are the same as the FC.. I couldn't believe my eyes, mind you I bought a batch of about 20 books, all from the same collection and only one was VG, the others were all at least FINE, these were the best examples.

Not endorsing or condemning Heritage here, as a matter of fact if their grading can be off like this in the buyer's favour, it can very well the reverse as well.

I've had mixed results with Heritage. Years ago I bought a Shock Suspense Stories #6 as a Fine- and was very pleased:

ss6.jpg

On the other hand, this book came with a small piece of undisclosed tape on on the ULC:

jumbo56.jpg

(Granted the tape was visible on the large scan and I missed it.)

And this book, purchased from a fellow boardie, had color touch that Heritage missed and the boardie found and disclosed (and was fairly obvious):

SevenSeas4.jpg

My advice is to study the large scan carefully and be an informed buyer.