• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collecting goals for 2010

137 posts in this topic

Im sitting here looking through my books and was thinking. 2009 was a banner year for me as a collector. I have managed to morph my collection into something that I now love very much. I have the boards to thank for it. I have learned so much here and I think it has made me a better, more discerning collector but, moreso, it has allowed me to take an inward look at what I really want out of my collection. That bit of self discovery is the biggest reason my collection has become one I am now proud of than one that I was just storing in my house.

In 2010 my goal is to refine my collection even further. I plan on filling all the holes in the few runs that I collect and upgrading issues to higher grade. I have a short list of keys that I would like to try to add to my collection. I have recently added some Silver to my predominately Bronze age collection and I will be moving into that arena and maybe taste a bit of Gold here and there.

So have you had any thoughts on what your 2010 collecting goals may be? I am curious to hear them.

Started my Avenger run (1-65) a few months ago. Have completed 1/2 of the run so for 2010...goal is to finish the run.

Other goals are to just find a copy, any copy of the following:

Fight Comics 24 & 27

Rangers Comics 3 & 15

Lastly, to purchase the 3 other Pedigree copies of a certain Fawcett book, of which I already own the Crippen copy of.

Yes, still looking for my clear collecting direction but I will be looking for this:

• XELA airbrush covers, mainly Wonder and Startling
  • Lower grade Frazetta Famous Funnies run
  • Pick up atleast 1 SA mega-key (AF15,TOS39,HULK1...)
  • Upgrade my BA keys and buy a few I still don't have
  • Sell off most of my raw books and all of my CA/MA raws
  • Another cover repro from Ryan Heshka (RyanH)
  • Make it to atleast 1 out of town convention, probably Philly

That should do me well for 2010... (thumbs u

I have several goals for 2010

1. To get JerseyComicBoys X-Men #1

2.To find a Hulk #1 3.5-4.0

3.to find a Fantastic Four #1 3.5-4.0

4. to close in on filling my ASM run

LMAO...that's my baby...I hope to upgrade one day but for now, my hands are wrapped tightly around her...lol. I'll keep ya posted!

I have several goals for 2010

1. To get JerseyComicBoys X-Men #1

2.To find a Hulk #1 3.5-4.0

3.to find a Fantastic Four #1 3.5-4.0

4. to close in on filling my ASM run

LMAO...that's my baby...I hope to upgrade one day but for now, my hands are wrapped tightly around her...lol. I'll keep ya posted!

You know I tried in your WTB X-Men #94 thread,you will cave in :devil:

I'd love to close out some of my modern runs. Frankly, I wanted to do that in 2009 but it didn't happen.

1 issue of Walking Dead

1 issue of Invincible

2 for Y: Last Man

A few for Goon

I like to knock out a lot of the Miracleman CGC run

Make some serious progress on Sandman CGC

Couple issues for CFD CGC

Knock out the last few CGC Silver Age Thors I need

Pat