• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best/Worst Retcons Ever

65 posts in this topic

Since I hate retcons. I'm not the guy to talk to on this, but I will give my 2c anyway.

Superman's history as Superboy being wiped out.

Jean Grey and the Phoenix, doesn't anyone even know what is going on anymore. It is crazy, is she the Phoenix, is she not the Phoenix.

Norman Osboure and Gwen Stacey having kids.

The Beyonder being a mutant/inhuman or something crazy like that.

Getting rid of Peter/Mary Jane Parkers daughter.

Mary Jane knowing Peter was Spider-man the whole time.

Spider-man BND

The Sentry when he first came around. They pretty much retconned everything with this guy, with him defeating Galactus being the worst.

Wolverine always having bone claws. The second part isn't really a retcon, but the fact that Wolverine healing factor doesn't let him die bugs me. It went from him healing really fast to him being able to completely regenerate himself. See Wolverin vs. Nitro for details.

I will post more when I think of them.

I think the most confusing one for me is the Morrison Xorn/Magneto from his New X-Men run. Marvel later retconned it by saying Xorn was always Xorn and not Magento, and hence Magneto did not kill Jean Grey. Morrison has openly stated his displeasure with this.

But just last week in the X-Force Annual 1 back-up story "Undeadpool", Deadpool is surprised to find out Magneto is back with the X-Men...

Deadpool: "What? That's @!$#!^%. I don't believe that for a second.

Loa: "He's Been Living here for weeks."

Deadpool: "Even after that %$@# with with Jean?!"

Loa: "Uh-huh."

Since all the Phoenix Force fragments have been leaving their hosts the last few months, and all this BS teasing with the red haired, green eyed girl Hope and "Second Coming", I'd like to know what's what before they bring back Jean Grey or the Phoenix in another host.

Loeb's recent butchering of Wolverine sounds truly awful. And I only read about it here...

-slym

I wanted to vomit when I read the loeb story. Thats just how bad it is.

That's the Loeb effect in motion.

Loeb's recent butchering of Wolverine sounds truly awful. And I only read about it here...

-slym

I loved the Batman stories that he wrote.

-slym

Those must have been ghost written going on the work he's done since lol

Since I hate retcons. I'm not the guy to talk to on this, but I will give my 2c anyway.

Jean Grey and the Phoenix, doesn't anyone even know what is going on anymore. It is crazy, is she the Phoenix, is she not the Phoenix.

Spider-man BND

The Sentry when he first came around. They pretty much retconned everything with this guy, with him defeating Galactus being the worst.

Wolverine always having bone claws. The second part isn't really a retcon, but the fact that Wolverine healing factor doesn't let him die bugs me. It went from him healing really fast to him being able to completely regenerate himself. See Wolverin vs. Nitro for details.

You've nailed a lot of the worst of them here. (thumbs u The worst of these being the Beyonder story and BND (and Wolverines super healing bugged me too as well as all the rubbish that Loeb has created for Wolvie lately).

The best retcon IMHO without a doubt is the Winter Soldier/Bucky storyline.

-slym

Your statement doesn't make any sense, but I think I know what you were trying to say lol

If you haven't read theme, check out The long Halloween, The Haunted Knight and Dark Victory. They take place right after Batman year one.

Spider-man BND

You've nailed a lot of the worst of them here. (thumbs u The worst of these being the Beyonder story and BND (and Wolverines super healing bugged me too as well as all the rubbish that Loeb has created for Wolvie lately).

The Winter Soldier/Bucky is a great storyline. I can't agree more.

Another one that I didn't like was how they kept giving Tony Stark heart conditions. I thought that was stupid and horrible writing.

-slym

Your statement doesn't make any sense, but I think I know what you were trying to say lol

If you haven't read theme, check out The long Halloween, The Haunted Knight and Dark Victory. They take place right after Batman year one.

It makes sense to me lol

I actually like Long Halloween, which is why it's been a bit of a shock to read the mess he's put out for Marvel in the last few years.

-slym

It makes sense to me lol

I actually like Long Halloween, which is why it's been a bit of a shock to read the mess he's put out for Marvel in the last few years.

Maybe DC is using him as a spy to sabotage Marvel.

Spider-man BND

Another one that I didn't like was how they kept giving Tony Stark heart conditions. I thought that was stupid and horrible writing.

That reminds me of another one that was really bad. When they killed Tony Stark and bought a teenage Tony Stark out of the timeline to replace him. Then they turned him into the original Stark again without an explanation. (Though they did make a half hearted attempt at explaining it a year or two later.

Definitely doh!

Spider-man BND

That reminds me of another one that was really bad. When they killed Tony Stark and bought a teenage Tony Stark out of the timeline to replace him. Then they turned him into the original Stark again without an explanation. (Though they did make a half hearted attempt at explaining it a year or two later.

Definitely doh!

What about when Superboy Prime punched the multiverse :sick:

-slym

It makes sense to me lol

2008-09-08-spies.gif

-slym

It makes sense to me lol

2008-09-08-spies.gif

I was wondering when you were going to chime in. :baiting: stop working and start posting.

Spider-man BND

Definitely doh!

What about when Superboy Prime punched the multiverse :sick:

Since it's DC, I haven't read it but I had heard of it and it sounds pretty bad. :tonofbricks:

-slym

It makes sense to me lol

2008-09-08-spies.gif

I was wondering when you were going to chime in. :baiting: stop working and start posting.

haha, well that's the thing, we've been uber slow today. I think my post count is probably up by like 100 today.

-slym

It makes sense to me lol

2008-09-08-spies.gif

haha, well that's the thing, we've been uber slow today. I think my post count is probably up by like 100 today.

:blahblah: Well you need to post some horrible retcons