• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The worst creators ever.

172 posts in this topic

Yeah, I can see how his work would be distracting from a good story. I bought one of my sons Bachalo's work years ago and was very impressed. I didn't try to read the stories, I just assumed that they sucked.

"years ago" That's the thing with Bachalo - I liked his work when he first started, but now I hate it. It went way too far into the manga/Ramos style. Same thing with Lenil Francis Yu - liked his stuff when he started, but now he's got some weird scratchy style that looks terrible. Ditto with Carmine Infantino - his Silver Age stuff is great, his 1980s stuff is the worst.

Lots of hate here for Loeb, and while I agree on many things he has written he has also done some incredibly good work like Batman: the long Halloween. Definitely worth reading if you haven't.

I also really liked Daredevil: Yellow

I actually enjoyed all of his Batman work, everything else (mostly Red Hulk) makes me want to :cry:

I would have to agree so far on the whole Red Hulk thing, but I have to admit after reading Hulk 17 recently I didnt hate it. I really hated the first few issues, they were horrid!

So very hard to continue to be a Hulk completionist...

This might not apply to the thread, but it sure is god awful.

DSC09588.jpg

DSC09590.jpg

Captain Loo?..seriously?

Art is a trade so to speak. I guarantee this artist did the work to get a paycheck, and wanted to do something more elaborate and better work, but when they handed the customer their estimate they got the "why so much?" so they reduced their price, and completed the job in the 5 hours alloted.

And yeah, the idea isn't exactly motivating.

I don't know why all the hate for Jeph Loeb, I don't read his Marvel stuff, or haven't yet, but his Batman work is pretty awesome. I also really liked Superman For All Seasons.

Read the Marvel stuff, and you'll understand. :gossip:

Lots of hate here for Loeb, and while I agree on many things he has written he has also done some incredibly good work like Batman: the long Halloween. Definitely worth reading if you haven't.

I actually enjoyed all of his Batman work, everything else (mostly Red Hulk) makes me want to :cry:

I would have to agree so far on the whole Red Hulk thing, but I have to admit after reading Hulk 17 recently I didnt hate it. I really hated the first few issues, they were horrid!

Have you read his Wolverine story? The one that was billed as the last fight between Wolverine and Sabertooth. The one billed as explaining why they hate each other so much? I did and it sucked, BIG TIME!!!! I forced myself to read each issue because I paid for them. I would of rather ate glass.

Have you read his Wolverine story? The one that was billed as the last fight between Wolverine and Sabertooth. The one billed as explaining why they hate each other so much? I did and it sucked, BIG TIME!!!! I forced myself to read each issue because I paid for them. I would of rather ate glass.

I actually really enjoyed reading it. I picked it up more for the art ( I love Simone Bianchi's work ) Admittedly I have not been much of a wolverine collector reader in the last 10 years. As a standalone "what if?" story it is fantastic stuff. Throw it into regular continuity and I can see your point.