• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The worst creators ever.

172 posts in this topic

Lots of hate here for Loeb, and while I agree on many things he has written he has also done some incredibly good work like Batman: the long Halloween. Definitely worth reading if you haven't.

Precisely. Great bit of work. Can't figure out the hate here either.

Frank Robbins was the worst I've ever seen. Nothing else compares except for Golden Age stuff that was drawn by teen-agers for pennies. It was hard to believe he was a professional. He drew character's limbs in positions that the human body could only attain after being broken from a fall off the top of a 50 story building.

I could have drawn better than him and I've never been able to draw at all.

I hated Don Heck too. Whenever there was an impact or something powerful happened (which Kirby would represent with his seething masses of dots), Heck would draw these pissant fruity diamonds. It was also odd how all his characters seemed vaguely Asian.

Re: Frank Robbins...I agree. Especially when you consider the contrasting of his Batman work with the status quo of the time (Neal Adams, Irv Novick, Jim Aparo, D. Giordano), it was pretty "out there." Adams however admired Robbins' style enough to agree to be colorist on one of his Batman stories (in Detective Comics #416 to be specific).

Worse, in my opinion, was inker Tex Blaisdell. As far as writers go, the nadir was reached during the David V. Reed (aka David Vern) era of the mid - late 70's.

You know wahat I have noticed about this thread I don't believe I saw a professional comic artist or fine artist comment in this thread.

SO I have one phrase for everybody who bashed all these great artist and writers.

Go do a better job

:eyeroll:

You know wahat I have noticed about this thread I don't believe I saw a professional comic artist or fine artist comment in this thread.

SO I have one phrase for everybody who bashed all these great artist and writers.

Go do a better job

I assume that anybody in any role is therefore above criticism, unless you're doing the job yourself?

SO I have one word for you.

Bollocks. :baiting:

Lots of hate here for Loeb, and while I agree on many things he has written he has also done some incredibly good work like Batman: the long Halloween. Definitely worth reading if you haven't.

Precisely. Great bit of work. Can't figure out the hate here either.

hulk-vs-rulk-pinup-l.jpg

:wishluck:

Go do a better job

This post is 100% horsespit. If a bridge falls, I don't have to be able to build a better one to know that either the architect, the builder or both fooked up.

Go do a better job

I assume that anybody in any role is therefore above criticism, unless you're doing the job yourself?

Yep. Also, I've bought the product, thus contributing to the creators' paycheck.

As your customer, thecollector , I'd have no problem criticizing you if you salted the fries improperly. lol

Go do a better job

This post is 100% horsespit. If a bridge falls, I don't have to be able to build a better one to know that either the architect, the builder or both fooked up.

architects don't really do much bridge building. "engineer" is the word you were looking for, chum

Go do a better job

Yep. Also, I've bought the product, thus contributing to the creators' paycheck.

As your customer, thecollector , I'd have no problem criticizing you if you salted the fries improperly. lol

funny

Frank Robbins was the worst I've ever seen. Nothing else compares except for Golden Age stuff that was drawn by teen-agers for pennies. It was hard to believe he was a professional. He drew character's limbs in positions that the human body could only attain after being broken from a fall off the top of a 50 story building.

I could have drawn better than him and I've never been able to draw at all.

I hated Don Heck too. Whenever there was an impact or something powerful happened (which Kirby would represent with his seething masses of dots), Heck would draw these pissant fruity diamonds. It was also odd how all his characters seemed vaguely Asian.

(thumbs u ditto

Go do a better job

What the hell do you expect in a thread titled "worst creators ever"? :screwy:

If you want positive comments, try looking in one of the best creator threads that have been around at various times. meh

I've never learned to drive, but if somebody runs a car into a brick wall I'm entitled to question his motoring abilities.

And I AM a professional writer, so I feel fully qualified to say that Warren Ellis is derivative, bombastic and empty.

Spider-Man143.jpg

Thread back open lol

That's not actually disgusting to look at the way his other two covers I've seen are, but it is almost unintelligible - seriously, it took me a minute or two to work out that it's referring to the death of Gwen Stacy. Show it to a person who didn't know that story/original cover and I don't think they'd know what the hell to make of it.

I agree about Ramos :sick:

Liefeld :sick: :sick:

Don Heck yuck.gif

Vinnie Colletta thumbdwn.gif

Don Heck was preety good before he had to draw"the marvel way"

I will admit he was better earlier in his career, but I'm still not a fan.