• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MC1 Pay Copy in Heritage February Auction...again...

82 posts in this topic

I don't get comparing Bat #1 to ASM #1. ASM #1 isn't the first appearance of anything, while Bat #1 is the first appearance of The Joker and Catwoman. To me, that's a huge difference.

Catwoman? meh Again not saying it isn't a cool book but that still doesn't warrant the kind of multipes for a 8.0 to a 9.0.

I don't get comparing Bat #1 to ASM #1. ASM #1 isn't the first appearance of anything, while Bat #1 is the first appearance of The Joker and Catwoman. To me, that's a huge difference.

Catwoman? meh Again not saying it isn't a cool book but that still doesn't warrant the kind of multipes for a 8.0 to a 9.0.

There are non-key GA books that sell for that multiple when the higher graded copy is also the highest graded. Sometimes even 2nd highest graded. Why wouldn't a key warrant the same mulitiple?

Who really cares about this mc 1 when there is a Det 27 in a blue label 8.0 withow/w pages

I'm not waving at you. This is me putting my hand up in class.

I'll take the Pay Copy.

:hi:

Actually let me pose a question. You have in front of you this MC 1 and the original art to cover. You can only select one. Which would you pick? I would personally take the original art.

My understanding of OA is that a cover page is almost always worth more (often many times) than the original book even in its highest grade.

Being tied with another 9.0 doesn't help the rarity factor when comparing it to its OA, also.

...but I have much to learn about OA...

Who really cares about this mc 1 when there is a Det 27 in a blue label 8.0 withow/w pages

I'll take the Pay Copy.

Note to self. Roy is nuts! :baiting:

:jokealert:

Never has a truer word been said in jest :baiting:

I'll take the Pay Copy.

Note to self. Roy is nuts! :baiting:

:jokealert:

Never has a truer word been said in jest :baiting:

:shy:

If you guys could have any copy of MC1, would it be this one?

Historically speaking, the Pay Copy would be very cool.

But to see the Church copy would be mind blowing to me.

Richard does Verzyl keep the Church copy hidden away or have you actually seen it in person? If its truly a 9.6 that would be one hard book to top. :cloud9:

Richard does Verzyl keep the Church copy hidden away or have you actually seen it in person? If its truly a 9.6 that would be one hard book to top. :cloud9:

I haven't seen it, but John has said it is a beauty and I have no reason to doubt him.

I haven't seen it, but John has said it is a beauty and I have no reason to doubt him.

Apparently, John thinks the book would grade a 9.8. The story goes that when he went to buy it, he had the intention of finding a flaw on the book to talk the price down and he could not find a flaw on the book so he paid full pop for it.

This is the only pic I have seen of the book.

91115.jpg.8ca134a767b77dbda218248ef21b86c9.jpg