• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think CGC graders laugh at times?

24 posts in this topic

Do you think CGC graders laugh at times?

We're not paying them to laugh. They're objective grading machines, and should act as such. No laughter!!! If I want to send in a Coverless Wolverine #1, who are they to laugh?

They HAVE to laugh at some of them! As pointed out recently by valiantman, there is a Ronald McDonald #3 from 1971 in CGC 0.5- WTF 893whatthe.gif And of course, even thugh it is a key, anyone would laugh at the Superman #1 I have on Ebay at the moment! 27_laughing.gif

They HAVE to laugh at some of them! As pointed out recently by valiantman, there is a Ronald McDonald #3 from 1971 in CGC 0.5- WTF 893whatthe.gif And of course, even thugh it is a key, anyone would laugh at the Superman #1 I have on Ebay at the moment! 27_laughing.gif

You must be quite pleased that it's over $1k at the moment? Or did you pay much more for it yourself?

We have all scene some stange CGC books on ebay and have you ever wondered what goes through a graders mind when they see some [!@#%^&^] modern or thrashed key?

DOUBT THEY ARE LAUGHING AS THEY ARE LIVING A DREAM AS THERE TRUE LOVE OF COMIC BOOKS ALLOWS THEM TO BE PAID FOR SOMETHING THEY TRULY LOVE DOING !!!

Davidking623

We have all scene some stange CGC books on ebay and have you ever wondered what goes through a graders mind when they see some [!@#%^&^] modern or thrashed key?

DOUBT THEY ARE LAUGHING AS THEY ARE LIVING A DREAM AS THERE TRUE LOVE OF COMIC BOOKS ALLOWS THEM TO BE PAID FOR SOMETHING THEY TRULY LOVE DOING !!!

Davidking623

from what i've heard through the grapevine, gossip.gif they've been slacking off BIG time and annoying some co-workers......and i'm not talking about the big wig graders. blush.gifshocked.gif893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Davidking623

from what i've heard through the grapevine, gossip.gif they've been slacking off BIG time and annoying some co-workers......and i'm not talking about the big wig graders. blush.gifshocked.gif893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I BELIEVE FLEETWOOD MAC PUT OUT A ALBUM CALLED RUMOURS!!

Davidking623

raise HELL for me, devil.gif waiting 4 months for economy submissions is FRICKIN ridiculous! mad.gif the service should get better not worse, yeah yeah yeah, i understand about the whole magazine grading thing, but regardless it's still a joke! hi.gif BTW, no, i don't have any books submitted. blush.gif

Davidking623

Good point, David, but maybe it's more like working in an ice cream parlor or videogame arcade (as a kid, you unnerstand) - after about three weeks of it, you're sick of the whole concept and never want to see another ice cream cone...

Davidking623

Good point, David, but maybe it's more like working in an ice cream parlor or videogame arcade (as a kid, you unnerstand) - after about three weeks of it, you're sick of the whole concept and never want to see another ice cream cone...

That is sooooooooooooo wrong. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Four years into this, I still love this job and I still read at least 1 comic a night before going to bed. grin.gif

Four years into this, I still love this job and I still read at least 1 comic a night before going to bed. grin.gif

What part of the grading process is that considered?

Sorry, couldn't resist! 27_laughing.gif