• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta steals from Frazetta

155 posts in this topic

Listen I am not unintelligent comicartcom. That is not very nice.

I cannot say what is true and what is false, however I feel it is IMPORTANT to put Frank Frazetta Jr.'s side of the story out there.........or at least what I know.

I have said what I heard to offer another side to the story.

I see your point about bulldozing a museum, and I do not know what is actually true.

I just said what I had heard.......and that I kind of believe Frank Jr...... but that is just an outside opinion.

Listen I am not unintelligent comicartcom. That is not very nice.

I cannot say what is true and what is false, however I feel it is IMPORTANT to put Frank Frazetta Jr.'s side of the story out there.........or at least what I know.

I have said what I heard to offer another side to the story.

I see your point about bulldozing a museum, and I do not know what is actually true.

I just said what I had heard.......and that I kind of believe Frank Jr...... but that is just an outside opinion.

"Judge, I admit I killed 72 people on my birthday with knives, guns and torture.. It isn't my fault.. When I was a kid my father beat me one time and my mother refused to get me Skippy Peanut Butter when I was 8 and I haven't been the same since then Your Honor. Do youthink you can sentence me to 20 hours of community service for my crime?"

One thing to consider is that the paintings were insured for $20 million. If Jr. actually believed that his dad would eventually sell everything, then it's possible that Jr. justified a way to get what everybody wanted. The family gets millions from insurance and Jr. gets away with the paintings.

That doesn't make insurance fraud any better.

I think it's best to let the authorities sort all of it out before we make any accusations to either side of the family. There are too many variables. How advanced is Frank Sr.'s dementia? Is it possible he said to get the artwork and forgot? Is it possible that Frank Jr. has mental issues either substance related or otherwise and is completely unstable? Is it true that the other siblings have made aggressive moves toward the estate or does that come from Frank Jr.'s instability? Is it true that Frank Sr. wants Frank Jr. to take care of everything? I'm sure it will all eventually come out in court.

This is as bad as the media speculating on celbritity "events" and calling it news.

Just wait for the facts.

One thing to consider is that the paintings were insured for $20 million. If Jr. actually believed that his dad would eventually sell everything, then it's possible that Jr. justified a way to get what everybody wanted. The family gets millions from insurance and Jr. gets away with the paintings.

That doesn't make insurance fraud any better.

It's only fraud if the claimer (Frazetta Sr.) was scheming with his son. It can be safely asserted that the thieves (Jr. and his accomplice) acted on their own. I was only suggesting that Jr. may have justified his malicious idea as best for the family.

It seems that Frank Jr. was trying to get his own reality show and needed some press.

"Frolicking with the Frazettas"? .

:whee:

The plot for the first show?

The invitation to the family BBQ said BYOB which was mistakenly interpreted as Bring Your Own Bulldozer. :o

why did the first painting sell now so recently?

perhaps Jr. thought that the others would be sold off as well?

You'll have to ask Spider8989812345678910, I know why,but he'll give you a much better answer. There was a reason for it though.

If your dad had Dementia and you despised all of your siblings (and their new art reps) now and thought they were selling off all of your family's most important valuable stuff what would you do?

Also how do you know his dad did not tell him one thing, then afterwards say something else?

just some food for thought :popcorn:

Me.......I do not think I would go that backhoe route..........but I would do something.

Thanks for adding his side of the story. People should be careful not to kill the messanger.

Ohh I'm sure he is upset. He coveted things that were not his and thought all these paintings would all be his one day. Now things are not turning out as he thought they would. Perhaps he planned his whole life around living off of this father's fortune one day.

I think this is a case of a son who offers to cut the lawn once a week because he thinks it and the whole house will one day be his. He was the only one who thought that. Well besides his wife. The problem is not that a painting was sold. The problem was that Jr didn't sell it.

The past misunderstanding of fake pieces on ebay speak volumes here. The answers to the questions didn't add up then either.

Remove them to a safe place? Museum not safe enough? seemed to have worked since the alarm went off...But what if he got away with it? Death Dealer Painting #1 sold on black market? hm:o

Give the guy a break. It is hard to come up with a good reason to save face when you get caught stealing from your dad. I did think the "my dad told me to" excuse was clever given his father's condition. If his dad flat out denies this he will blame his father condition. In that sense there is no way to prove him wrong. He will stick with that story to the end.

-He asked me to write a letter stating what type of business I had done with him, and to explain in detail how he had been managing the museum/ Frazetta business. Which HE had been doing, NOT his siblings. (For his lawsuit)

I realize you have had business dealings with Jr. and got a couple of signings set up through him but I have to ask, how do you know he had been managing the business? Did Frank Jr. tell you that? Or is that what Ellie said?

The source of the answer should tell you whether to trust it without further corroboration.

If your first hand knowledge of the "Frazetta Business" is limited to the signings Frank Jr. helped set up I am afraid you might be underestimating what their business really is.

Did Jr. ask you to write a letter describing his role in the business and then proceed to tell you what to say?

In my opinion Frank Jr. was trying to save the artwork. Prior to this year supposedly the only people who could sell a Frazetta were Mrs. Frazetta and Frank Jr (not any more w/ new power of attorney)..........

Who informed you of this? As far back as I can remember Ellie handled ALL the sales and FRANK SR. had the last word on what sold and what didn't. I have never heard mention of Frank Jr. ever having control of what sold or what didn't. Your post is the first time.

And really, I know you are putting forth Jr's side of this, but I think you should be careful talking about Sr. being demented. You jumped from "this is what Jr. thinks" in one post to making hypothetical arguments justifying actions based on the assumption that the dementia is a fact.

You may know Frank Jr. well but, sadly, that's less than 1/2 of this story. If he's the person telling you about his position, power, motives, and experience you may want to wait to hear some of the other sides before making up your mind that his assertions are 100% fact. I know that's what I plan on doing, because everything you have posted about Jr's involvement in the business is new to me.

Also, the "new guys" you mention as acting as agents for Frank Sr. are two of the most knowledgeable Frazetta collectors in the world. They are both 100% solid, upstanding, and honest persons as you may ever meet. They are each extraordinarily successful professionals in their respective fields and have rightfully gained the trust of Frank Sr. through their interactions with him over the years. Given their respective collections of Frazetta artwork I would wager $100 to your $1 that they paid for a pretty nice chunk of that new museum through their purchases directly from Frank.

So before you believe Jr. 100% you should realize that some of the other people involved are the absolute salt of the earth and people that have earned Frank's trust along with most of the people in the art hobby.

Don't paint yourself into a corner here.

Best,

Chris

Remove them to a safe place? Museum not safe enough? seemed to have worked since the alarm went off...But what if he got away with it? Death Dealer Painting #1 sold on black market? hm:o

Give the guy a break. It is hard to come up with a good reason to save face when you get caught stealing from your dad. I did think the "my dad told me to" excuse was clever given his father's condition. If his dad flat out denies this he will blame his father condition. In that sense there is no way to prove him wrong. He will stick with that story to the end.

Slow your roll on the "Father's Condition" angle. Don't mistake a lawsuit pleading dementia as someone actually having dementia. Claims of diminished capacity or dementia are common in legal proceedings where children try to take control of parents assets. THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM FACT.

It's insulting to Frank to make that assumption based on the claims of someone most recently found driving heavy construction equipment through the front door of the museum while his dad was a thousand miles away.

The man have survived several strokes and taught himself to paint with his other hand when he could not control his strong side as well as he could before. His left handed pieces are masterworks.

The man will, more than likely, outlive us all. And there IS a way to prove him wrong. If his father has never been deemed demented or mentally challenged or of diminished mental capacity in a court of law or by his medical providers then Jr.'s claim "my dad told me too and he's changing it now because he is crazy" will go over like a lead balloon.

Don't take a post on a message board with an allegation of dementia as fact.