• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here is a member of the AKIRA #1 Club?

30 posts in this topic

i've got the first ~15 issues or so that i got through Westfield back when they came out. i think i might have read the first one, but i doubt it.

the movie kicks serious tuchus

Is it true that Leonardo DiCaprio is producing a Live Action Version? (I hope it's not true)

Its true actually Leo`s father use to be one of the godfathers of the underground comix scene, I think it will turn out ok and I wouldn`t be too concerned that Leo`s doing it.It won`t look as stupid as the Roger Corman FF movie at least. :D

38 issues, no? IIRC. I have (had? did I sell it? don't recall) a 9.8 #38.. that was (is?) a nice book. the last few are pretty tough to get. Are you planning on 9.8 on all of them? I probably have a lot of 9.8 candidates actually. I bought an unread set years ago. That's where the #38 came from.
There were 38? I thought there were only 33, My bad.

no worries actually its quite understandable.... I believe it was cancelled after 33 and then only revived years later to finish the story through to 38. So if I have my facts straight there is a really big date gap between 33 and 34. Making the higher #s esp. 34-38 much scarcer than the early ones.

How ''scarcer'' are we talking here? Like Impossible to find scarce?

nothing copper is truly impossible to find and I don't know the print runs on them. But they are pretty tough as far as 1980s books go. Other 80s indies runs kind of follow the same formula, the #1s were speculated on and the late #s were just ordered by the hardcore readers. Eg Miracleman #1? You can find stacks. 24? Not so much. Lone Wolf and Cub 1? Everywhere. #45? Not as much. Etc.

Hard to find now our those Moebius Epic books, who would have thought that a pile of late Akira issues or Moebius graphic novels would be worth more than a run of modern Uncanny X-men?

i've got the first ~15 issues or so that i got through Westfield back when they came out. i think i might have read the first one, but i doubt it.

Is it true that Leonardo DiCaprio is producing a Live Action Version? (I hope it's not true)

Its true actually Leo`s father use to be one of the godfathers of the underground comix scene, I think it will turn out ok and I wouldn`t be too concerned that Leo`s doing it.It won`t look as stupid as the Roger Corman FF movie at least. :D

I hadn't even heard this was taking place, Ron. The animated movie made me judge any other movie by its standards.

Hopefully, this is just as good, though not sure how in a live action movie.

:wishluck:

I hadn't even heard this was taking place, Ron. The animated movie made me judge any other movie by its standards.

Hopefully, this is just as good, though not sure how in a live action movie.

:wishluck:

From what I understand it will be a movie in two parts. (much like QT's Kill Bill)

I bought a stack of 34 Akira comics. I don't know which ones though, still in transit. Didn't look like too many doubles but I think I saw at least one. If I don't have a #1 in there I'll be getting one soon. Looks like the #34-38 will be the difficult ones to land. Oh well, I'll get it done eventually.