• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TsiManga

229 posts in this topic

slightly OT, but does anyone else find it funny that in order to tell someone to get off these boards and go have a life, that they actually have to be at their computer NOT out having a life??? (shrug)

Dan

What about if while on the boards, you're actually typing on a laptop, sitting in a cafe having a coffee? Does that count as "having a life" while telling someone "to have a life"? (shrug)

What if im posting on my cell phone while im on a rollercoaster do i get a life yet?

lol ... words per minute? hm

Ok, the tribe has spoken :) (And wow, I would be off the island)

If I had it to do over again, I would've reached out for a cell # or other means of communication before posting here. Regrettably, patience has never been a long suit. Ironically now, my 1st post was an attempt to not drag Martin into the mud, but rather get a response without going into a lot of detail because we had a history of a couple of deals. Computer trouble or not, I am uncertain as to why Martin didn't get back with me after posting on the boards (obviously pre-computer crash), but that for sure is what set off alarms for me, not the length of time involved as so many have noted. Also, while we weren't setting a record for a comic book deal, this wasn't your garden variety $200 transaction either. So as not to leave any loose ends, I will post when I have received the books. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all

Greg

For the record, I think a 72 hour shipping window is good courtesy once green paper has cleared (thumbs u Otherwise, communication is wise to avoid such mishaps 2c

I'm glad this ended up win-win for Greg and Martin. :applause: I have dealt with Greg on a three deals since summer (our 1st a big deal involving a Tec 35/Action 28) and I have spoken to Greg via phone/text several times. Great person. (thumbs u While I have not exchanged funny books or green paper with Martin, I have exchanged many pleasant PMs and facebook messages with him and talked comics. :)

Now, what cool books did you get from Martin? hm:grin:

slightly OT, but does anyone else find it funny that in order to tell someone to get off these boards and go have a life, that they actually have to be at their computer NOT out having a life??? (shrug)

Dan

What about if while on the boards, you're actually typing on a laptop, sitting in a cafe having a coffee? Does that count as "having a life" while telling someone "to have a life"? (shrug)

What if im posting on my cell phone while im on a rollercoaster do i get a life yet?

It's better posting from your cell while you're on the can.

And taking your own photo :acclaim:

Dan

It's better posting from your cell while you're on the can.

And taking your own photo :acclaim:

:sick:

I hate to bump this thread back up as I see it's on the forth page... but I suppose it needs my reply )

The bottom line here is me and Greg are cool, done many deals before and will I'm sure do more in the future. This whole thing started when, over the course of a week, me and Greg were working on some deals. (Through PMs not a sales thread) He paid me on the 26th for some items and I delayed shipping the items as we were still attempting to hammer out another deal.

We'll we weren't able to come to a deal on anything else and I still owed him goods from the money he paid. Low and behold not only did I have a brain freeze, but I had a computer freeze as well. I just got it back today which is the reason for my delayed response...

But It was def my fault on not squaring me and Greg up right away. I did see one message from him while I was still able to get on.... but I didn't read it as for some reason I thought it was just a typical 'See you around the boards... if you have any other books let me know' type of message.

But - to hopefuly put it to a close... again me and Greg are cool and Books been sent. I see why he got antsy as I disapeared without squaring us up. And I can't say anything about the approach to resolve this as a few month's ago I called for the head of a Boardie over a 70 dollar book which I had the whole time... so I can't say nothing in that regard. I'm sure his feeling that I was ignoring him contributed to his worries... But I surely didn't read his messages and ignore him. In fact I still haven't read about 5 messages in my Mailbox as of now.

I also appreciate Greg not going into great detail about our deal... even though it is hard when you make it public not to.

But all is peaceful in CGC town and ... well.. see yall round the boards...

I hate to bump this thread back up as I see it's on the forth page... but I suppose it needs my reply )

The bottom line here is me and Greg are cool, done many deals before and will I'm sure do more in the future. This whole thing started when, over the course of a week, me and Greg were working on some deals. (Through PMs not a sales thread) He paid me on the 26th for some items and I delayed shipping the items as we were still attempting to hammer out another deal.

We'll we weren't able to come to a deal on anything else and I still owed him goods from the money he paid. Low and behold not only did I have a brain freeze, but I had a computer freeze as well. I just got it back today which is the reason for my delayed response...

But It was def my fault on not squaring me and Greg up right away. I did see one message from him while I was still able to get on.... but I didn't read it as for some reason I thought it was just a typical 'See you around the boards... if you have any other books let me know' type of message.

But - to hopefuly put it to a close... again me and Greg are cool and Books been sent. I see why he got antsy as I disapeared without squaring us up. And I can't say anything about the approach to resolve this as a few month's ago I called for the head of a Boardie over a 70 dollar book which I had the whole time... so I can't say nothing in that regard. I'm sure his feeling that I was ignoring him contributed to his worries... But I surely didn't read his messages and ignore him. In fact I still haven't read about 5 messages in my Mailbox as of now.

I also appreciate Greg not going into great detail about our deal... even though it is hard when you make it public not to.

But all is peaceful in CGC town and ... well.. see yall round the boards...

great job fellas. (thumbs u now lets talk and look at some funny books :applause: