• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Favorite moments in Marvel this decade.

63 posts in this topic

I don't even know where to start.... hm

hm

hm

hm

hm

hm

No, seriously.. I *really* don't know where to start. :insane:

Kind of hard to know where to start when you haven't read a book from the last two decades.

Personally, when DD took down the Kingpin and took over his reign.

Pat

Kind of hard to know where to start when you haven't read a book from the last two decades.

No, I read/borrow trades here and there, but as usual, the majority of it is absolute drek written for the lowest-brow adults imaginable.

Remember, my tagline is "Man, am I glad I don't BUY Moderns anymore".

I can remember hearing all the hype for Fables, seeing a few trades at the library, and finding it to be some of the most amateurish, idiotic dross I've ever had the misfortune of reading - it was like something Alan Moore wrote when he was 2 years old.

favorite moment? hard to say but every time I walk out of a store in the past decade and not bought a book, I was happy to know I didn't miss much.

In all fairness, I am 44 today. I am sure I would think very differently about today's comics if I was 13. If that is not the case, then the future of modern comics is dead without the younger generation and the next generation.

A more interesting question is what do other 40 something read these days that are worth reading or spend money on?

favorite moment? hard to say but every time I walk out of a store in the past decade and not bought a book, I was happy to know I didn't miss much.

In all fairness, I am 44 today. I am sure I would think very differently about today's comics if I was 13. If that is not the case, then the future of modern comics is dead without the younger generation and the next generation.

A more interesting question is what do other 40 something read these days that are worth reading or spend money on?

I am 44 as well.

I have really enjoyed Captain America the last few years I recommend it.

The Thor reboot is very enjoyable as well.

Son of Hulk has been a great read

The "Old Man Logan" story recently in Wolverine is fantastic stuff.

If you were to pick up the trades of only one of those I would recommend Old Man Logan.

Of the last decade I absolutely loved Planet Hulk, in my opinion the best Hulk story ever written.