• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get from your Secret Santa?

150 posts in this topic

Mike, Senor Mac outdid himself with my SS Gift . I got a great unique box covered in comic art, Swamp thing 32, 35 and 37 (needed these to complete a run from 29 to end so he did his research), ASM 83, 24 volumes of Spiderman collectible series (reprings AF 15 to SP 11) plus 1 of only 2 copies of Race Way lol

Very happy with all these, Many thanks. I'll post some pics later (thumbs u

I got a sweet Goon #32 SS book signed by Eric Powell...thanks SS!!v :banana:

My Secret Santa was Oneasian and his SS gift was actually misplaced by my local Post Office as they couldn't locate it when I went to pick it up.

Luckily, some days later, it turned up!

When I opened it this morning, I noticed the wrapping paper seemed like a Captain America print which I thought was pretty cool. Then I realized they were ACTUAL Captain America comic book pages! :eek::o

The package turned out to be a gigantic bundle of Captain America books EACH signed by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting (and a slabbed Dynamic Forces Captain America #600)!

What was especially great was that Oneasian included a letter that detailed the significance and key events contained in many of the issues dealing with the Winter Soldier and basically included a straight run up through #50.

A lot of thought went into this SS gift and I appreciate the effort and generosity! (worship)

Captain_America_Set.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone ! I like that Flash clock. Thats cool (thumbs u

My SS is a mystery, as there was no card or note inside revealing their boardname. But thanks all the same, whoever you are. hm 3319......?? hm

Some good reading here. I've always loved Spidey but have none so this Vulture story will be fun.

IMG_5357.jpg

Also recieved some Ditko work....

IMG_5356.jpg

and this COOL OLD Flash book with the Elongated Man on the cover. Gotta love Plastic Man wanna-bees ;)

IMG_5355.jpg

I have none of these books and I'm looking forward to tonights read time. I <3 old comics. Last but not least is this action figure toy of my fav hero !! I've never seen anything like this and had NO idea they made Plastic Man toys. And looking around my man-cave here.....I just don't have any toys at all, so thanks SS for making my first action figure toy one of the greatest hero of all time !! :grin:

IMG_5354.jpg

A big THANK YOU to my Secret Santa--Mushie. He gave me a Spectacular Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.4. :banana: He didn't know it but I sold a copy I had a while back and was missing having a copy.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, Mushie--many thanks for the generous gift. :thumbsup:

Glad you liked it! :cool:

I left on the 18th and didn't have my gift yet...I will be home on Sunday, hopefully it'll be waiting for me... :wishluck:

A big thanks to my SS, Warlord, who got me some great EC reprints and a gorgeous GA Real Life Comics. Ill post a pic shortly. :grin::applause:

I hope you enjoy the books! I'm not much of a GA collector so was a bit unsure what would be good, but I was hoping a book with a wwII Schomburg cover would be a safe choice :headbang:

I got a sweet Goon #32 SS book signed by Eric Powell...thanks SS!!v :banana:
:shy: also do not throw out those Batman magnets on the package.

Rest assured oh secret santa, they hold a cherished spot on my refrigerator! :banana:

So, I opened my gift from my Secret Santa today. It was from none other than the starter of this thread, Baltimore Lauren! ;)

One of my requests was zombie-related items, and BL certainly came through.

First up is an issue of a book I hadn't heard of before, issue #3 of "Jesus hates zombies, Lincoln hates werewolves". Looks pretty interesting, I'll have to pick up the other issues.

Any comic that features the 'General Lee' on the cover wins my vote!

jesuszombies.jpg

Next up are two issues of the latest and greatest zombie sensation, Kirkman's "Walking Dead".

wd15.jpg

wd39.jpg

They're non-consecutive issues, but that's OK because I mentioned in my 'want list' that I had a full run of WD trades, so having the actual issues is nice. It's great reading the letter columns, which aren't included in the trades.

zombies.jpg

Finally, I got these nifty glow-in-the-dark pencil toppers. They're good because if there's one thing I hate, it's a zombie that sneak attacks me after the sun goes down. If they glow in the dark, at least now I can see them coming! My McFarlane "Ash" toy also appreciates them, because now he has some zombies to vent his ire upon.

Thanks, Lauren!