• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT Art Day - from 1984!

12 posts in this topic

With all of the art from issue #1 wrapped up in Eric Robert's collection, nabbing one of these bad boys was as close as I could hope to get to getting artwork from the issue. There just aren't many out there, of course, but this early layout/prelim piece is one of the best out there IMO. Take a look!

TMNT #1 art

And if that wasn't enough, I also managed to nab my second complete story:

Complete Story

Nice! You Danny, I was looking at the R&R Auction from December and they had a headsketch by Peter Laird on Mirage Studios stationary (black ink, crisp, but nothing over the top), and it went for $120 (not including BP).

Is it me or does that seem to be a little pricier than what you might see, say, at a convention? Do you think it had to do with the fact it was on Mirage Studio letterhead that might've bumped it? lol Or do I just have no idea what the value is of a headsketch from either E or L? :)

Nice! You Danny, I was looking at the R&R Auction from December and they had a headsketch by Peter Laird on Mirage Studios stationary (black ink, crisp, but nothing over the top), and it went for $120 (not including BP).

Is it me or does that seem to be a little pricier than what you might see, say, at a convention? Do you think it had to do with the fact it was on Mirage Studio letterhead that might've bumped it? lol Or do I just have no idea what the value is of a headsketch from either E or L? :)

Yea, that sounds a little bit high but the prices tend to swing wildly on them, even though alot of the headsketches look very similiar to each other. The letterhead probably bumped it up a little as well though

Thanks again guys. I'm still sort of in a dazed shock that I finally landed that Gold copy.

Hey I have one of those turtlemania books.......somewhere.

Not the gold one I'm sure.

very cool item !

Somthing tells me its probably not the gold one either...but if so :takeit: