• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be the next New Mutant`s #98 or Showcase #22 for 2010?

51 posts in this topic

[font:Impact]KICK- [/font] (thumbs u

I'm reading it now (online). :popcorn:

what site?

I was going to say the same thing.

Someone was kind enough to send me the electronic version of #1. Where is this so I can keep reading?

(shrug)

Well, a Key takes awhile to mature in the hobby, NM 98 arrived in 09, but it has been stewing for awhile and finally broke through. Now, there will be another Key, but it won't be for awhile now, as the hobby itself decides "what" will be next, and they just don't surface every year. While Conan 275 is popular, it's not reached Key status, however, if the new Conan movie sparks the Conan run, then I see 275 as gaining more momentum in the future and moving up the ranks into possible Keydom-Peace and Happy Holidays CC.

#275? What about #1?!

OK, it looks like your really asking this question.....#1 is already considered a Key by most collectors, as it kicked off/launched the Bronze Age (along with GL 76) and started the Sword and Sorcery genre firmly into comic books. When asking about BA Keys, Conan 1 is and has made just about everyones top 5/10 list for many years now, but 275 is a Copper Age book with a painted cover and limited distribution to go along with it, and while popular, has room for growth, and when a book becomes popular and wanted and has a few more varibles going for it like 275, well then it has a real and legit shot at reaching Keydom-Peace CC.

[font:Impact]KICK- [/font] (thumbs u

I'm reading it now (online). :popcorn:

what site?

I was going to say the same thing.

Someone was kind enough to send me the electronic version of #1. Where is this so I can keep reading?

(shrug)

for your kick-@$$ needs

http://f60s.com/cache/p/569091/569091.aspx

Batman #357

ASM #194

Goon #1 (Avatar)

I've been hunting down Bat 357s for the past two years. Folks seem to gobble those up fast.

ASM 194 was always nice to have (love my OO 9.8), but things are starting to heat up again on this book.

Goon who? :baiting:

Well, a Key takes awhile to mature in the hobby, NM 98 arrived in 09, but it has been stewing for awhile and finally broke through. Now, there will be another Key, but it won't be for awhile now, as the hobby itself decides "what" will be next, and they just don't surface every year. While Conan 275 is popular, it's not reached Key status, however, if the new Conan movie sparks the Conan run, then I see 275 as gaining more momentum in the future and moving up the ranks into possible Keydom-Peace and Happy Holidays CC.

#275? What about #1?!

I belive #275 is the last issue of that series.

I know, but the Conan movie will have a greater affect on Conan #1 (being it's the first issue and all) than a scarce last issue...my humble opinion.

I am finally embracing the trade concept. I have the Walking Dead compendium, Bone trades (the color ones), The big Ninja Turtle trade, Lone Wolf And Cub vol. 1, and am looking into getting more. I still much prefer floppies. Mostly because my Father Tree Press Elfquest trades have a problem with pages falling out. Sometimes a trade will be unacceptable to me. Other than Bone, I usually prefer a comic in black & white. Until recently the TMNT trades were colorized (very well, but still...). The Elfquest trades were in color as well and not a great job at that. It just obscured all Wendy's meticulous line work. I think those little mangas from D.C. might be black & white but I'm not interested in reading elfquest in goofy pocket book format. I think my next big trade purchase will be the upcoming Usagi Yojimbo set hopefully coming out next summer. In fact, I think I'll preorder it in January just to be sure I get one, I was lucky to get the Turtles one when I did.

Is the new characters in the Avenger movie going to be leaked next year? If antman comes off as a cool character then maybe his early appearances will blow up. The Iron Man predictions sound feasible.

What were the breakout books of 2008? 07? 06? 05? 04?

Good question, that`s why it was kinda unusual this year to have two books/characters explode in popularity. I wonder why? hm

ryan_reynolds.jpg

The folks like heroes with lisps?