• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 SIGGY AWARD WINNERS ARE...

71 posts in this topic

Rookie of the Year Award

and the Siggy goes to...

again, wait...

3 people were nominated, Rich Henn and Andrew (GA Collectibles) as well as Peter Palmer. I have worked with all 3 and I know many of you have also. These guys are beyond golden and want to learn and be the best. I would work with any of them at any time and advise you to do the same!

And the winner is...

Peter Palmer

(who sent me a really nifty Christmas present I want to share, but thinking I should ask his permission first...so cool)

Congrats to Adam!!!

Comeback Witness of the Year

The award goes to one of the best and the guy who brought me into the game of SS (please blame him). I often give him a hard time and have a lot of stories to tell about him, but in my opinion, there is no one better at getting the tough signatures. A lot of those books people oooh and awwwwe over in my collection, this guy got em done or had a big hand in helping...

One of a kind my friend...

And the Siggy Award goes to...

Kris Moore, thecollector

I think we all know why, after a self imposed retirement (he had to look up what that meant, and then realized he wasn't retired, it actually reminded me of Borat where he goes to dinner, but anyways...) Kris came back strong with

Crumb.

Spiegleman.

Palin.

3 books that people have been wowed by...

Thanks Kris for helping us all out this year!

Most Valueable Witness of the Year

SHHHHHHHAAAARRRROOOOON!!!!

if you have heard this at a convention, you already know who won...

The volume these guys do makes them look like the Wal-Mart of the Signature Program! At SDCC they had what could only be described as a small nation helping them out and were seen everywhere.

2 of the absolute nicest people you will ever meet and 2 people that I am proud to call friends...

I think without a doubt they are deserving of this award. The amount of exposure they bring to SS backs that up!

Desertwind Comics

Congrats!

and the last award for this year...

Witness of the Year

Competition was tough

Mutantkeys

NYComics

DesertWind

thecollector

do you own an SS book? If you do, one of these guys probably got your signatures whether you know it or not.

Each and everyone of them is deserving of this award and I personally want to thank them for being die-hards, mentally unstable and some of the best SS has to offer!

Close, close, close vote...

and the winner is...

wait, have we taken a 2nd commerical yet?

no?

Chandler said he would pay for the spot and get on with it?

okay...

and the Siggy goes to...

KRIS MOORE, thecollector

Congratulations Kris, I know 5 minutes after reading this you will be out scraping up cash to get a tatoo similar to Tupac (ThugLife) that says WOTY on your stomach...

photos to follow...

and that should (I am sure I missed a category lol) wrap it up this year!

Thanks to everyone who voted. Thanks to everyone who posted pics. Thanks to everyone who cares about SS and supports it in whatever way they can.

Everyone of you is a winner and I would be honored to let everyone of you buy me a drink the next time we see each other :foryou:

Winners, Nominees...

feel free to post some acceptance speeches (Kris, spell check first) and Happy Holidays everyone!

Working on awards for each person that won, just figuring out the budget right now!!!!

in the immortal words of JJ...

(booyah)

told you I would forget one...

lol

And the Multi Signature Book of the Year Award...

The Siggy goes to...

Michael Turner Tribute Book signed by 41

really? YEAH REALLY!!!

41 signatures, I don't even think most conventions have 41 guests and this is all on one book...

Joel Elad even hired security once this book came back making it the most expensive SS book ever and it continues to grow in value everytime he has to sign his name on a check to the security service!

(be cool if he displayed it at the CGC book on the SS side sometime :baiting:)

Awesome! Congrats to all the winners! And thanks to JJ for heading this up. It was fun to participate and it was cool to have one of my books be nominated. It has been the best year for my signature series collection and so far I have yet to meet a witness that I didn't like :wishluck: (thumbs u So thanks to all the witnesses for all of the hard work. I Can't wait to see what is in store for 2010!

Thanks for all the love from my fellow boardies, I really enjoyed helping out with the Siggy's and getting pictures up so you guys can all be reminded just how beautiful some of these books actually look. Congrats to every winner AND every nominee! I am proud to have 2 of my sketches nominated and really makes me keep going to do even better next year! HUGE thanks to JJ and Brian for putting this altogether this stuff is so much fun!

To all the winners, congrats! :applause:

This has really been fun. A big kudos to all witnesses who worked hard throughout the year to make the impossible possible, and congrats to all the winners.Thanks to everyone involved in setting this up (JJ, Brian, Arjuna). (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) I really appreciate having nominations. Danny Cruz asked me to thank everyone who nominated and/or voted for his sketch, and thank you ShortStack for such a great sketch request! 2010 will be even better! :devil:

Comeback Witness of the Year

The award goes to one of the best and the guy who brought me into the game of SS (please blame him). I often give him a hard time and have a lot of stories to tell about him, but in my opinion, there is no one better at getting the tough signatures. A lot of those books people oooh and awwwwe over in my collection, this guy got em done or had a big hand in helping...

One of a kind my friend...

Kris Moore, thecollector

I think we all know why, after a self imposed retirement (he had to look up what that meant, and then realized he wasn't retired, it actually reminded me of Borat where he goes to dinner, but anyways...) Kris came back strong with

Crumb.

Spiegleman.

Palin.

3 books that people have been wowed by...

Thanks Kris for helping us all out this year!

It is with great honor that I accept this award.