• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whie Mountain FF 1 on Pedigree

117 posts in this topic

Tim,

Don't count your chickens. I really doubt it's going to get a 9.4 but I'm hoping the pages go up. When I see an oww in the old CGC label I can't help but think the pages might be white under today's standards. Would make a serious difference in value if the pages are white. Overall it doesn't matter that much as it is a beautiful pedigree book and someone is going to be quite happy if they buy it.

hI, CPT Tripps Who could possIbly be buying $200k bookS consiTantly, Even if it's someone in Hollywood? And how Long would you think they would keep it in their collection, is it for keeps or to Flip lateR? HOw rare are SA books really in HG to coMmand such prices? Do you THink this trEnd would latEr effect copper, bronze and Later moDERn books? RealLY, to be honest I don't see any bronze or copper books reaching such insane prices, but i've been wrong before.

hI, CPT Tripps Who could possIbly be buying $200k bookS consiTantly, Even if it's someone in Hollywood? And how Long would you think they would keep it in their collection, is it for keeps or to Flip lateR? HOw rare are SA books really in HG to coMmand such prices? Do you THink this trEnd would latEr effect copper, bronze and Later moDERn books? RealLY, to be honest I don't see any bronze or copper books reaching such insane prices, but i've been wrong before.

Are you trying to imply that as a lawyer, Doug misappropriated client funds to purchase childrens periodicals for his own enjoyment, and was eventually caught and disbarred for his transgression? What kind of sick, twisted person would do such a dastardly, despicable deed? Surely no one in their right mind would ever trust such an individual much less conduct any type of business with a low life such as this. Therefore, Paratrooper, I call you LIAR!!!!!!

GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you trying to imply that as a lawyer, Doug misappropriated client funds to purchase childrens periodicals for his own enjoyment, and was eventually caught and disbarred for his transgression? What kind of sick, twisted person would do such a dastardly, despicable deed? Surely no one in their right mind would ever trust such an individual much less conduct any type of business with a low life such as this. Therefore, Paratrooper, I call you LIAR!!!!!!

I don't know where YOU inferred such things from my post, unless I wAs masking in such a nefaRious way. I takE being called a liaR very serIously! :insane: Why do people buy from such thuGs anyway? I never understood, oh wait....if the devil has the book some people need, tHey'll sell anyway. Go TiTans!

It's a matter of public record that Doug Schmell, (Captain Tripps) now the CEO of Pedigree Comics, no longer is able to practice as an attorney due to prior indiscretion(s). It's also a matter of public record why this is so. I'd imagine this is a source of embarrassment for him and his family.

Having said that, he presumably has been able to put this part of his life behind him and move on. Some may choose not to do business with him, but he has paid greatly for his actions. The man does seem to be able to bring forth amazingly high grade Silver Age keys, and to the best of my (admittedly limited) knowledge, conducts his current business in a legal and honorable fashion.

May he (or she) without sin cast further stones.

I'm currently throwing a of stones.

Tim,

Don't count your chickens. I really doubt it's going to get a 9.4 but I'm hoping the pages go up. When I see an oww in the old CGC label I can't help but think the pages might be white under today's standards. Would make a serious difference in value if the pages are white. Overall it doesn't matter that much as it is a beautiful pedigree book and someone is going to be quite happy if they buy it.

Doug, I have faith in your persuasive abilities. ;)

I totally agree with you about page quality on old labels compared to new labels.

I don't know where YOU inferred such things from my post, unless I wAs masking in such a nefaRious way. I takE being called a liaR very serIously! :insane: Why do people buy from such thuGs anyway? I never understood, oh wait....if the devil has the book some people need, tHey'll sell anyway. Go TiTans!

Guys, the book is being sold THROUGH Doug, not BY Doug. So why mess up this thread about the book by raising issues about Doug?

Plus, it was nice to get some information from the auction house on what was going on with the book, so that for once there would be a little bit of transparency and we would know the story when we saw the book in a new label, rather than the Boards` typical endless speculation. But you seem determined to apply your own sense of vigilante justice and drive everyone away even if all they were doing was providing some information here, ruining things for those of us who are interested in the information, even if we had no interest in acquiring the book ourselves.

rantrant

dialing (586) 666-5879..... yes hello devil, you mentioned you had that sweet Action Comics #2 at VF selling for 1/2 guide? Yes, I'll definately take it! You're selling it for a friend, and only taking 10% commission? No problem dude, the deal is so good I'll still take it.

Thanks for killing this thread for the rest of us.

Ah boo :( A thread dedicated to advertising a thief's business, all ruined. Darn.

First off, as a matter of simple courtesy on these boards, it's not right for you to mess all over a thread started by a third party, Jimbo, and not Doug, just because you've decided to appoint yourself as the arbiter of what threads can talk about and what they can't. Doug only came on here to answer a question, not because he was trying to promote the book in this thread.

Second, I don't give a mess about the impact either way on Doug's business. I WAS interested in hearing as much information about this book as possible, even though I have no interest in buying it myself. So you ARE screwing up a thread and cutting off all further information on a topic that some of us ARE interested in.

Ah boo :( A thread dedicated to advertising a thief's business, all ruined. Darn.

First off, as a matter of simple courtesy on these boards, it's not right for you to mess all over a thread started by a third party, Jimbo, and not Doug, just because you've decided to appoint yourself as the arbiter of what threads can talk about and what they can't. Doug only came on here to answer a question, not because he was trying to promote the book in this thread.

Second, I don't give a mess about the impact either way on Doug's business. I WAS interested in hearing as much information about this book as possible, even though I have no interest in buying it myself. So you ARE screwing up a thread and cutting off all further information on a topic that some of us ARE interested in.

So if a third party started a thread interested in receiving more information on a book either Danny, Ewart or Uthe has for sale...we should all remain quiet and not inform unsuspecting buyers about their past deeds. Got it.

Sorry for screwing up this thread. But, I have problems with theives stealing from others and setting up their business with stolen cash.

Sorry for screwing up this thread. But, I have problems with theives stealing from others and setting up their business with stolen cash.

Does that mean it's your job to run out and spray paint a scarlet letter on their houses and cars even if they've paid everyone back and "done the time"?

I think the original post was intent on the "comic" being a key issue and pedigree and uber high grade. Kind of a trifecta as it were. I am also not able to afford this baby but "am" interested in the comic and how it will perform etc. If people have a issue with Mr. Schmell maybe start a fresh thread, (shrug)

So if a third party started a thread interested in receiving more information on a book either Danny, Ewart or Uthe has for sale...we should all remain quiet and not inform unsuspecting buyers about their past deeds. Got it.

The difference is that Danny, Ewart and Uthe were dishonest with the actual comic transactions, so you need to warn people that they might get ripped off if they are considering buying books from them. I guess if you read that some people were thinking of parking their money with Doug, then it would be fair enough to warn them.

But that`s not the case here, nor was this book purchased by Doug with the funds in question. He is just the auction house for the book.