• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulletin: A lot of the Amazing Mystery Funnies run is TOUGH to find!

36 posts in this topic

They are all tough to complete. Collecting Centaurs is not for the impatient!

AMF is probably among the easier runs seems possible to complete. I used to think Amazing Man and Keen Det Funnies were the easiest. Though most issues are common (for Centaurs), each of those titles has one or two issues that are impossible to find!

Good luck!

I was talking to Richie Muchin several years back he said he was talking to a collector from Canada that had a complete run for what it's worth.
I believe that run was broken in chicago a few years back...I bought a few if it is the collection I am thinking of...a feat, none the less

Name a Centaur title that is NOT a difficult run to complete, might be a better question..... hm

C-M-O :baiting:

Keen Detctive Funnies is supposed to be an easier title to complete.

C-M-O has only 2 issues in the entire run.... :whistle:

How about ANY Centaur title with at least 10 issues....

KDF has a few toughies...how about #3 (#10)....if you know anyone that has one....I want it, and will pay at least double, maybe triple guide for it.... :cool:

Well ... sure, for some of the books ... other not so much :sumo:

I've seen a fair share of scanned Centaur books and while I agree there is some appeal to the books, there is also quite a bit of mess inside. Also, some of these luminaries were still in their formative period. One Centaur artist that, in my mind, should be more often mentioned is Glanzman (thumbs u

Yeah...it's hit & miss all within the same book.... (shrug)

But some of the work is really outstanding...I've always liked the Ryan art as well as ; Gustafson, Glanzman, Everett, Tarpe Mills, Biro, Schwab, Guardineer, Eisner, Windsor McCay, Burgos, and many more...

Yes, a lot of the artists were still in their formative years....but they were still superb in most cases...highly recommended!!!! (thumbs u

Yeah...it's hit & miss all within the same book.... (shrug)

But some of the work is really outstanding...I've always liked the Ryan art as well as ; Gustafson, Glanzman, Everett, Tarpe Mills, Biro, Schwab, Guardineer, Eisner, Windsor McCay, Burgos, and many more...

Yes, a lot of the artists were still in their formative years....but they were still superb in most cases...highly recommended!!!! (thumbs u

The Wolverton and Everett art is superb and represents for me the high points for Centaur. Jack Cole should be added to the list of noteworthy Centaurans.

Yes, the GOOD Burgos. That's one artist I felt peaked early and never went anywhere after that, sadly. To some extent, Guardineer's work at Centaur and early DCs was also his best.
There's still some excellent work in the 50s like Space Ace that I'm quite fond of.