• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulletin: A lot of the Amazing Mystery Funnies run is TOUGH to find!

36 posts in this topic

Yes, the GOOD Burgos. That's one artist I felt peaked early and never went anywhere after that, sadly. To some extent, Guardineer's work at Centaur and early DCs was also his best.
There's still some excellent work in the 50s like Space Ace that I'm quite fond of.

That's still a long trek through the desert from late '30's to the '50's :baiting:

Obviously Burgos was appreciated at Timely considering all the covers he did there in the '50's.

Yes, the GOOD Burgos. That's one artist I felt peaked early and never went anywhere after that, sadly. To some extent, Guardineer's work at Centaur and early DCs was also his best.
There's still some excellent work in the 50s like Space Ace that I'm quite fond of.

That's still a long trek through the desert from late '30's to the '50's :baiting:

Obviously Burgos was appreciated at Timely considering all the covers he did there in the '50's.

Burgos work for Atlas was hit or miss, mostly miss. I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Guardineer, but thought it worthwhile to point out that he again was producing quality work in the 50s.

Burgos work for Atlas was hit or miss, mostly miss. I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Guardineer, but thought it worthwhile to point out that he again was producing quality work in the 50s.

Silly me. I thought your Space Ace reference was to Burgos' work. Scratch my comment and we're OK. Burgos never rose to the same heights as his early work. Guardineer could but simply didn't.

Merry Christmas (thumbs u

Guardineer could and sometimes did.

Fixed it for you. :eyeroll:

Merry Christmas!! :foryou:

Centaurs are - obviously - my favorite.

Be aware that there are some reprints contained therein (often multiple times for the same piece) as Centaur later re-ran some of the earlier Chesler material.

Overall, great stuff!

UncleJoeFunnnies.jpg

Even though this is the shortest Centaur run to put together, it's not an easy issue to find!

I think thread title applies to a lot of Centaur runs. I suspect the easist runs to complete are the later shorter run titles, like Detective Eye, Masked Marvel or Super Spy. I'm using "easiest" relative to other Centaurs.

Jumping on late here...

I am about five issues short of the full AMF run... see my sig line for those missing issues. Managed to fill in many tough issues due to some generous and thoughtful boardies! (worship)

I MAY need to sell most of my run in the near future to fund some original art ... if anyone wants to be put on the contact list should I need to sell, please PM me! No promises, but there's a chance this could happen. (Some issues are already spoken for)

Its my favorite GA run... its got all the greats, mentioned earlier in the thread. The Everett and Wolverton stories are the highlights!