• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When is ebay FREE LISTING DAY this year?

7 posts in this topic

Dec. 26th and still no free listing day.

Maybe the geniuses at ebay have cancelled Free Listing Day

I think due to the fact they are offering Five Free Listings a month now, they may have felt their special offer is covered.

(shrug)

Five free listings a month? I only sold one thing this month and my listing wasn't free.

It's a little confusing when it applies, AND the Final Value Fee is higher when you use the Free listing fee (like you have a choice).

ebay fee charts

If you look under Auction-style listing fees, it discusses the 5 "$0.00" listings.

Your first five single-quantity auction-style listings to be listed on the site in a 30-day period have an insertion fee of $0.00 for eligible categories.

Final value fees still apply. If your item sells, you’ll be charged 8.75% or $20 per listing, whichever is lower.

To "avoid" the Free Listings and the accompanying higher Final Value Fees, you need to use a 3rd Party listing tool. I use Auctiva.com and anything listed via them does not fall under the 5 free per month. That said, I liked Auctiva better when it was free but at $10 a month, I do get fair value and like the service generally.