• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Underrated characters

59 posts in this topic

Seems to be an antithesis cloning thread theme today, so I'll keep the tradition going.

Who do you feel is the most under rated comic character?

Kamandi. Adam Strange. Space Ranger. Killraven. Magnus Robot Fighter. Doctor Solar. X-O Manowar. Doctor Spektor.

I could probably go on, but I feel the list of underrated characters is pretty large.

Seems to be an antithesis cloning thread theme today, so I'll keep the tradition going.

Who do you feel is the most under rated comic character?

Kamandi. Adam Strange. Space Ranger. Killraven. Magnus Robot Fighter. Doctor Solar. X-O Manowar. Doctor Spektor.

I could probably go on, but I feel the list of underrated characters is pretty large.

I need to add Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond.) I don't understand how that character cannot maintain a title. My vote for the most underrated character by far.

The Phantom

Doc Savage

Senorita Rio

And I agree with Boozad on Alfred Pennyworth, although only as a supporting character. He couldn't hold his own book (although I'm certain DC would give him a mini-series of questionable quality given a chance)

And of course the Green Team.

firstissuespecialgreenteam_thumb.jpg

It's a good thing we did some drinking together in San Diego. lol

I'll see your Green Team and raise you....

ROM1.gif

Looks like you sussed me out there. :hi:

Although Rom ain't that bad....

Rom, good character;bad stories. :frustrated:

People willing to defend themselves during terrorist attacks. Most underrated "characters" around as I think the days of people locking up in fear are gone in these situations.

:applause:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airliner_disturbance

One passenger jumped over others and tried to subdue the man. Shortly afterward, the suspect was taken to a front row seat with his pants cut off and his legs burned.

People willing to defend themselves during terrorist attacks. Most underrated "characters" around as I think the days of people locking up in fear are gone in these situations.

:applause:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airliner_disturbance

One passenger jumped over others and tried to subdue the man. Shortly afterward, the suspect was taken to a front row seat with his pants cut off and his legs burned.

Heard about this today. Yes I'd say real heroes are underrated.

Spider-Woman, Lenore, and Veronica Lodge.

BaltimoreLauren.Highly underated.Funny smart and she collects old comics :acclaim:

Could not agree more! :hi:
I agree too :grin:

All of you should check your Paypal accounts. I left a little something extra in there. :insane:

A few more I simply enjoy:

Ginger; One of MLJ's early girls who lived a very short life in comics. While she was a typical Betty/Veronica clone, she was still enjoyable.

Cheryl Blossom; One of the best Archie characters ever imagined. She's just pure evil, and I love it, and I wish Archie would bring her series back!

Plastic Man, Sub-Mariner, and Mera are also pretty under rated in the grand scheme of things.