• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Book of the Decade

40 posts in this topic

I was playing a lot of catchup in the past decade of comics being out for ten years or so, so I was wondering if you could pick just one book from the last ten years what would it be?

I've done some catching up, but obviously my bias will lean towards Batman. With everything I've read I would have to pick from a few books:

• Thicker Than Blood #1 and #3
  • Chew #1
  • Walking Dead #8
  • Batman #612, #614 and #686
  • Greek Street #1 (yes I do love that title)
  • Tec #853

I'd have to go for Batman #686. Neil Gaiman wrote probably the definitive Batbook of the decade. After doing a lot of catching up in a couple of months then having to deal with RIP, Gaiman restored my faith in my favourite book.

A recommended read coupled with Tec #853 for a great standalone 2-parter where the whole of the Batcast recall their memories of the Caped Crusader.

KICK- #7 my jaw was practically on the floor the entire issue.

All of Walking Dead.

The Ultimates

We3

All star Superman

Green Lantern

Deadpool (what can I say it makes me laugh and that's tough to do.)

I started reading again in 2008 so I missed most of the decade. From what I have read, my book of the decade would have to be Fade From Blue.

Wow! I have never seen another person who has even heard of that book! Great Book, I agree!

I bought some UXM's off of Ebay from those guys when they were fundraising to publish the run.

I started reading again in 2008 so I missed most of the decade. From what I have read, my book of the decade would have to be Fade From Blue.

Wow! I have never seen another person who has even heard of that book! Great Book, I agree!

I bought some UXM's off of Ebay from those guys when they were fundraising to publish the run.

When I first started reading again I didn't know what to get so I just bought large lots of black and white indies on Ebay. Last year they seemed to be much easier to come by than this year. I would have never heard of Fade From Blue if not for one of those lots. I'm so glad I discovered it :)

Fade From Blue is awesome. I have the first four issues signed by both of them from one of the Wizard World Phlly's.

My books of the decade were: Y: The Last Man # 1, Ex Machina # 1, or Supreme Power # 1. All superb stand-alone issues that make you want to read more.

Favorite storylines included The Ultimates and Batman: Hush.